The weirdest things I ever ate were...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had pigeon stuffed with barley ( is that how it's spelt?) while on vaction in Egypt. It was fantastic!

My GF again didnt quite see the appeal of two different baked potato toppings that i particularly like. 1. Beans and cheese (also good on toast) 2. Tuna, sweetcorn and raisins - very nutritious and dont sound odd to me, but she almost pukes at the thought of them.

Bayou Platypus:
Yep, found that out the first time we asked for a Fosters in Australia...the bartender actually said: "No mate, we export that <insert expletive here> to the Americans and keep the good stuff for ourselves."
They also export it to the Pommes too, however i was never a light beer fan, so it didnt bother me what fizzy drinks the others in the bar were drinking - it all looked like pop to me and tasted like pee to me

simbrooks:
My GF again didnt quite see the appeal of two different baked potato toppings that i particularly like. 1. Beans and cheese (also good on toast) 2. Tuna, sweetcorn and raisins - very nutritious and dont sound odd to me, but she almost pukes at the thought of them.
Tuna and sweetcorn. Yum. They have a great sandwich chain store in Spain called "Rodilla" that sell a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich that's just totally yummy-licious. Makes me want to hop on a plane bound for Madrid just for one of those.

scubagun:
Try the "balut" in the Philippines!

That thing is more of a "dare" than a delicacy. Blah!

Though, I have eaten Filipino blood pudding and fish eyeballs, when I was 8-9 years old.

So what is "balut"? Does someone care to explain?

SueMermaid:
So what is "balut"? Does someone care to explain?
ok...I'll go for it...It is an egg with a young chick in it.....Need I say more?

justleesa:
ok...I'll go for it...It is an egg with a young chick in it.....Need I say more?
Is it still warm after being wrestled out from under the chicken (or whatever bird)???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom