The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416668653.572139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was taken before DEMA, and unfortunately they have still not shipped. It will also not do a buddy check.

Asked whom? Remember they first said October, then November, then end of November. At DEMA today my LDS went by their booth and SUUNTO said "not sure no date" and when asked why said "small bugs" with the system. Developed for five years and small bugs? Notice how they have not answered on here about their asinine "wait is over" marketing when clearly the wait is not over. Suunto is famous for buggy computer releases especailly first run probably best to avoid this pig for a year or two....idiotic company.

must be using the same marketing firm as X-Deep.....

"Despite our earlier availability estimate, we are not ready yet with the Suunto EON Steel. We are very sorry for the delay but Suunto is known for its quality and safety and we will never compromise on this."

From their website explaining their four month extra delay. What a joke. When I called one of my local LDS vendors for Suunto to see if it was available in mid-October they told me it would be until late November and they recommend not buying their first iteration because Sunnto has a habit of putting out bad first products. What an idiotic company.

I still think that the wait will be worth it, and I can imagine some things do come up that need to be fixed before they are released, that are not expected.

Maybe (although somewhat doubtfully) they have taken some of the suggestions here (the ones that don't involve any hardware changes) and have incorporated some of those requests to better meet the need of tec divers?

Maybe a pipe dream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom