The Viking and the Rabbit, an uneasy truce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could barely feel a gentle warm breeze coming through the sleeve so I'm going to believe the undies are not wind resistant.

Green Manelishi:
I leave the valve all the way open and check it during the dive because something I do causes it to start closing, I have no idea how I'm causing that though. I vent at the beginning of the dive to descend then inflate a little when the squeeze gets really uncomfortable (usually about 40 feet). I add a little more air as I descend and the squeeze becomes uncomfortable. My worst problem is staying ahead of the curve on ascent, until my last set of dives the valve wasn't keeping up very well. The whole sleeve was completely full of air but nothing was coming out the vent. I figure either something was blocking the valve or the valve was sticking. It seems to have gotten a lot better, hopefully I can take the suit out soon and see what it's doing now.

I think mine is an "almost" dry suit because my neck is so small. Bob3 thinks they may have put a regular neck seal on an extra small suit. I have never trimmed the seal but I can feel how loose it is around my neck. Folding it under helps if you do it exactly right, it makes me nervous when my husband says, "Let's try this." One weekend I had to tell him to make sure he remembered what he had tried because I didn't want him to do it again, I had water running into the suit. I'm learning how I have to hold my head and move my body to keep the seal against my neck. The better I get at that the less water I get in my suit. I hate having to roll my whole body to the side to see my buddy but I don't dare turn my head even that far. I'm going to try putting my neoprene hood over the attached hood of the drysuit, that might help keep the seal against my neck. I like that idea a lot better than my husband's idea of using a rubberband.

My husband's suit has never leaked either, he giggles when he says, "I'm still dry!" I think I'm gonna save a fin full of water for him one of these days :D
Ber :bunny:

Don't forget ber...you usually are diving with a group of people who are wet anyway....so a bootie fool of good foot water might be a interesting treat.

Better yet, assuming your husband has a shoulder-zip suit,
leave a little gap for "ventilation" next time you zip your husband into his suit.

That'll cool his jets for a while !!!

G_M

p.s. I know of a young lady who "got bent" diving a suit and
undies that were not fitted correctly. The undies blocked the
vent and the suit became a lift-bag.

Always make certain everything fits and is properly functioning.

Back
Top Bottom