The Usual First Post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acooper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I suppose a first post is in order. Looking for a decent scuba forum and this seems to be it, will poke around and see how good the community is.

I live in Kohala, Big Island, Hawai'i, just up the hill from Puako and the great reefs of the Kohala coast.

I qualified when I lived in Tucson, driving six hours to the Sea of Cortez to dive a couple times each year. Then I got a job on the island and now dive I once or twice a month. How can you not dive, living here? Actually looking like four dives this month with a couple more dives scheduled for Friday, including a night dive at Puako.

Attaching a little eye candy from last weekend. Enjoy...

Attachments

• CC37-55-08327-DM.jpg
    CC37-55-08327-DM.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 37
Gee I hope we pass muster as no less than decent, we work hard to keep this a family show.:wink:

Welcome to the board! Us folks from the mainland will be lining up to use your guest room before you know it!

Pete

Last edited:
I think your at the right place, at least on the internet. I have been laid up with a broken foot and Scubaboard has been my main solace. I am back at work three days a week and on Monday, I am hopefully going to do my first dives since early october. We'll see how my foot does in a fin. I spoke with my favorite dive operation here, Mike Severns Diving and Pauline assured me there was no problem with the fact that I wouldnt be able to climb the boat ladder with my equipment on. If you check out the (now pretty old) book on Hawaii Nudibranchs you'll see that a lot of the finds in the book were right there at Puako. You should have good nudibranch hunting and it looks like your good at Macro!

Welcome to ScubaBoard Andy! :wavey:

Welcome!!

Yeah, you are in a great location. My wife & I lived in Honaunau and Hilo for a year, many moons ago. Now, when we vacation on the Big Island, we stay in a small house in Puako, so we can walk across the street and I can dive the best diving on the Island. Last year we went to Fl, but I have been seeing my wife eyeballing air fares to TBI again. :eyebrow:

If we do go again this year, I will ship my scooter. Maybe I'll be able to chase down one of those whales. :wink:

Pics:
  • Two unusual friends
  • Priscilla at Puako

Picture_215_edited.JPG

sb11.jpg

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom