THE USCGC DUANE x 2, tuesday, 10/13/15, pics,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
absolutely terrific day on and underwater offshore key largo. local dive operator online schedules indicated no trips to the DUANE this am so we planned a double. lake conditions topside/sunny skies. 2 dives on buoy D3(stern); zero to minimal reverse current(line free descents/ascents) , variable blue water viz 40FT surface/shallow and approaching 80-90+FT on the structure/sand! best visibility I have observed in nearly 2 months. cooler water temps as well, 82-84F @ 60-110FT. plenty of action: huge schools of spadefish, grey/yellowtail snappers, along with 2 large bull sharks highlighting dive #2. ship to ourselves. pics from TIMG,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 105
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 97
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 94
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 93
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 89
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 97
  • d7.jpg
    d7.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 89
  • d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 85
  • d9.jpg
    d9.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 95
  • d10.jpg
    d10.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 85
  • d11.jpg
    d11.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 87
  • d12.jpg
    d12.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 86
  • d13.jpg
    d13.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 88
  • d14.jpg
    d14.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 88
  • d15.jpg
    d15.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 94
Well-composed and nice shots. I've only had 1 Duane dive; it's one deep wreck. Drawing on my memories, I'd say:

1.) Sweet viz.; especially make 'clear' when shots show the boat fairly well seen from the wreck itself.

2.) That camera rig is cranking out some serious flash power. Things do not look the beautifully colored if you don't bring your own light, and plenty of it, especially some of those wide angle photos.

3.) I especially liked the resting yellow phase coney and the last shot, with the moon jelly under & offset from a sun glare.

Richard.

Well-composed and nice shots. I've only had 1 Duane dive; it's one deep wreck. Drawing on my memories, I'd say:

1.) Sweet viz.; especially make 'clear' when shots show the boat fairly well seen from the wreck itself.

2.) That camera rig is cranking out some serious flash power. Things do not look the beautifully colored if you don't bring your own light, and plenty of it, especially some of those wide angle photos.

3.) I especially liked the resting yellow phase coney and the last shot, with the moon jelly under & offset from a sun glare.

Richard.

Thank you Richard. I use two Ikelite 160 strobes for the lighting. We see the coney a lot there, he pretty much stays in the same place.

WOW, I pray the next time we dive the Key's wrecks we see conditions like that!! Awesome!!

it's not very often can one dive the duane without gloves as I did today. the current and orange cup/fire coral can be brutal on gloveless hands,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I dove it last week...the conditions were not as good as you describe, but a great time nonetheless. Really nice photos...as always.

love the pics...thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom