The Upper Keys: place to stay with a view?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrycsr

Contributor
Reaction score
I would really appreciate your suggestions on where to stay in the Upper Keys or Key Largo where when I finish my diving, I can plop my tired ass under a shade tree and look at the ocean and watch the sunset with a cold brew in my hand.

Condo, hotel, motel, I don't care. Where should I stay?

It may be farther South/East than you're looking for but the Barnacle Bed and Breakfast is exactly what you describe. My wife and I stayed there when we dove with Paradise Divers in February. It has a small private beach as well as a nice deck both of which offer fine views of the sunset. The owners are divers and didn't mind us hauling gear through the place or the smell of wet neoprene.

Mike

Key Largo....Kelly's By the Bay. GREAT folks, pretty cool place to stay. Several rooms right down by the water, pool has a great view, great dive boats, etc. Have used them for several years and will continue to do so.
Marty

Brent my wife and I stayed at Island Bay Resort in April of 2002. It was great. The owners had a cooler with drinks down on the dock and everyone was invited to watch the sunset. I would recommend them to anyone.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom