The Ultimate Mask - Beuchat Maxlux S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A mask is just like shoes its all based on the person and personal fit. I think the ultimate mask is the one that fits the person. A huge football player built male might find one mask to fit him perfect and claim its the best mask in the world but for a skinny 16 year old girl that eats like a bird that mask obviously would be the worst mask in the world.

I think its impossible to make a generalized statement about how one mask is the best. Yes you can make a statement about how for YOU that its the ultimate mask but as a general statement its not really fair. You could apply this to cars as well, no one can say a Toyota Carola is the ultimate car because for one person it might be but for another it might not be.

A huge football player built male might find one mask to fit him perfect and claim its the best mask in the world but for a skinny 16 year old girl that eats like a bird that mask obviously would be the worst mask in the world.

I will say this mask has worked just as well on a teenage girl as it does on a chunky middle age guy.

I'll freely admit the use of ultimate was clickbait, but I'll sandby the fact that this mask design with it's construction material fits more people than any other mask brand I've come across - and does so at a fair and competitive price. I never said it fits 100% but I do say that it works for more people, and there's no practical difference between this mask and one that costs 3 x and much (I know I have one - which also works fine but not 3 x better)

Masks are simple, other gear has more variables behind choice thus personal preference and affordability must also be factored with type of diving and dive environment etc.

Ok, I will try this mask again, I was too quick to dismiss them and I had more facial hair then.
The wife said 'what do you want for Xmas in the way of diving gear?' I said 'give me a day to think about it, and it will not be expensive' [reciprocal gifts don't work that way, you know how it works].
Sold a lot of gear of late, down to only 4 masks [could be more, try not to look too hard].

Attachments

• maxlux-s.jpg
    maxlux-s.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 84
My preference has always been Italian Cressi-Sub, for decades -- whether their "Super-Occhio" or their late-lamented "Minima" low-volume mask for free-diving (which I still carry as a "second" when diving with a full face mask) -- both of which can accommodate a "Roman" nose . . .

Ok. I’ll like the way you stressed that this is the only piece of gear out of your considerable collection you strongly recommend. I ordered one for myself in White and I’ll happily send you a thanks if it works well. cheers

My Xmas gift came early today, fits very well, bit of shock it's Lime green, I suppose it will grow on me [like mold, fungus and other green stuff] it's the colour of a tree frog FFS.
Keep telling yourself fit is everything in a mask.

Back
Top Bottom