The "Thanks" feature..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is the "Thanks" feature on each post meant for casual, thanks for the answer type of stuff, or is it meant to be used if someone really gives an in-depth (no pun intended) reply? I haven't been here in a while, and for me it's a new feature.

Thanks - in advance = )

to me it seems to replace all the "what he said" or "I agree" posts that come after a well thought out post much of the time. I don't know how many forums you have been on, but the I aggre's or /agree's can get really silly at times.

There's an option in the search box that lets you search only "thanked posts." So IMO it doesn't have to be overly detailed or in-depth, it just has to provide useful information or answer the question stated. Also, since you can see the thanks given and received in your user profile, it gives people an incentive to be helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom