Question The SP Aladin A1, own, bought, sold, used, opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBadger32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Opinions on the A1? im looking for a entry computer that will be replaced by teric/perdix in about 5 years time. dont need AI, have guages. Opinions? Anything i would NEED to know about it?

looking through, not a SINGLE thing that seems to be problematic.

I would buy the Shearwater Peregrine at the same price over the Scubapro A1. The Peregrine has several advantages, Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF rather than proprietary Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB, large color screen, 3 gas, SurfGF, tissue saturation graph and other special features... It would not be a question for me.

I would buy the Shearwater Peregrine at the same price over the Scubapro A1. The Peregrine has several advantages, Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF rather than proprietary Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB, large color screen, 3 gas, SurfGF, tissue saturation graph and other special features... It would not be a question for me.
as much as i want to, i dont want a big color screen for this computer, just a watch.

as much as i want to, i dont want a big color screen for this computer, just a watch.
Then, I would consider the Deep 6 Excursion at $350. It currently runs 3 presets very close to Shearwater rec presets. It will have a firmware upgrade soon, at no cost, that will expand its capability significantly. The Buhlmann with GF will match the Shearwater you say is in your future.

I would also look at the Oceanic Geo 4 at $410 before buying a Scubapro. The Geo runs DSAT, similar to 45/95, and PZ+, similar to 40/95.

Oceanic Geo 4/Veo 4, Aqualung i100/200/300.
Crest CR4 if you can get it around $200.00.

Two is one and one is none.
Need another one to back up your Teric in the future.

I have the A2, I wouldn't buy it again at all. A2 and A1 both have dealer battery replaceable batteries not user replaceable unfortunately.

I ordered the Oceanic Veo 4 for my dive school use and I would order the GEO 4 instead of the A1.

Back
Top Bottom