The Shield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
I'm behind a nasty University firewall... can't use hardly any filesharing stuff.

Oh well, thanks anyway =)

-Brandon.

Well, if you have a connection at home, or one of your friends....try it out....otherwise I will be forced to D/L them for ya.... Anyone who watches the Shield, needs to keep current, I know the addiction!!! :wink:

Divmstr223:
I heard about the show, but never watched it. I've also heard that Michael Chiklis played such a different type of role in that show that I don't know if I could actually watch it now. Vic is such a bad @ss, I don't want to see him as anything else....lol
Yeah, you'd be really disappointed if you saw The Commish. He was a chubby, domesticated, demasculated younger brother to his current Vic character.

You'd have a good laugh for sure... He also played all his investigations by the book...What's the fun in that?

"Good cop and bad up went home. I'm a different kind of cop."
Remember that one?

Vic was on seinfeld too. He played a guy from Long Island that Jerry went to his house for a party, then Jerry invited him over, but he had to meet some friends, so he invited some hookers into Jerry's house and Jerry got busted by the police.

woOT!!! Last nights show was kick @ss!!

I've been hearing small rumors that this could be the last season of the show. I'll be devastated if this is true, the show keeps getting better and better. I would be lying if I said I just wanted one more season, but in truth this show could go on another 3-4 seasons before it's done. They haven't lost any of the main cast and there is a million ways they could go with the show, so my fingers are crossed

***Please, CEO of FX, if you happen to be a scuba diver and are passing through on this site, please do not cancel the show, much thanks :D :D

Fairbanks, 6 shows downloaded, a few more to go...:wink:

jagfish:
It's intense!

I try to pattern my life after some of what I see there, but I can only go so for due to my job...

(Does anyone remember a decade or two ago when "Vic" was on a show called "The Commish"? Quite a different show.)

In the late 1980s he was a regular, for a few weeks, on a show called Wiseguy (starring Ken Wahl). Chicklets played the part of some poor zamboni underling to a greasy bent-nose.

Last nights show was intense.

DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!

I can't believe Mackey hooked it up with Kavanaugh's wife/ex-wife. That's some low down dirty sh** there.....wow...lol And from what I gather from the previews from next weeks show, Kavanaugh's going to attempt the same thing with Mackey's EX.... Sounds like Jerry Springer now and not The Shield...lol

Can't believe Lem is making a run at Mexico, and he was supposed to be the good guy in all of this, less dirty than the others at least.

Next week....and hour and thirty minute finale...woOT!!!! Can't wait...:14:

The Shield is absolutely my favorite show (along with The Sopranos). It is gritty, intense, well-written and acted, and the way it is shot is awesome. Those camera angles.
I am going to miss the season finale 'cause I'll be in Thailand (poor me :D ) But I have the VCR set. :wink:

Divmstr223:
snip--

Can't believe Lem is making a run at Mexico, and he was supposed to be the good guy in all of this, less dirty than the others at least.

Can't really blame him.. Given the choice of fleeing to Mexico or geting a train ride from a bunch of 1-9'ers then having a gruesome death to look forward to, I'd take Mexico as I'm sure most would :)

Absolutely the most intense show I've ever watched, both the writing and acting is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom