The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found the first software glitch for firmware v9 for the Teric. Can one of you verify if this was there with v6 and if shearwater knows about. (Unless I set this up by accident and the major storm that went through changed the pressure enough to make it complain)

The low ppo2 setting on my computer was .21 I am in milwaukee 607' above sea level and my active gas (air) was flashing red at me at the surface.i changed my low ppo2 level to .19 and it made the active gas happy again.

Is this is glitch or is the pressure sensor just that awesome to notice the low pressure from this storm was enough to make the computer think my o2 level was too low.

In which case I say "bravo Shearwater!"

Wow, to follow up my last post, I just did the math based on the current barometric pressure and sure enough... .204 ppo2.. so rounded to .20 in the computer and now its saying I am below the low ppo2 set point. Normal pressure here is .207 ppo2 rounded to 21 so would think the gas is good for that depth (not hypoxic) I am surprised at the sensitivity of this computer!

Thanks Shearwater!

Misaligned or mismatched charging antennas will generate extra heat. When the high temp warning shows up, the charging process gets interrupted to prevent damage. You can resume charging once the temperature drops.

thanks SW - so, should i not use that charger? or is there some precaution i should take? It's this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Wir...TF8&qid=1535449730&sr=8-7&keywords=qi+charger

The Edit Gases menu is available underwater. Through this you can turn off any gas underwater.

thanks - v helpful - will try that and report back

general FYI re Salinity settings: Options are Fresh, Salt and the default setting is EN13319 (p.67 of manual). A recent conversation about changing the setting can be found here: Petrel 2 Salinity setting

Wow, to follow up my last post, I just did the math based on the current barometric pressure and sure enough... .204 ppo2.. so rounded to .20 in the computer and now its saying I am below the low ppo2 set point. Normal pressure here is .207 ppo2 rounded to 21 so would think the gas is good for that depth (not hypoxic) I am surprised at the sensitivity of this computer!
Thanks Shearwater!
Hi, Lamby. What you are describing is not a glitch. It is standard behaviour in all our computers. One important purpose of the low ppO2 alarm is to prevent hypoxia. 0.19 ppO2 may not be much of an issue if you are at altitude and above the water surface, but if you are underwater and your ppO2 is supposed to be 1.2, something is wrong and diver attention is critically required.

thanks SW - so, should i not use that charger? or is there some precaution i should take? It's this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Wir...TF8&qid=1535449730&sr=8-7&keywords=qi+charger
You can use it. Just keep in mind that charging cycles may be interrupted due to overheating protection. What this means is that you may leave it charging assuming you will get back to a 100% charged Teric and you find out it stopped charging at less than 100%. Some chargers will allow for automatic charging to resume once temperature cooled down. Others will not and require manual manipulation to restart charging.

Can anyone let me know if the Teric is compatible with any other manufacturers transmitters? The perdix supported at least one non Shearwater transmitter, perhaps only unofficially. I have a working uwatec transmitter that just got a new factory battery replacement and we'll it's about to become a doorstop when my teric arrives later this week if it doesn't pair.

Sorry the uwatec series transmitters are not compatible, but the oceanic/hollis/aqua lung ones are. It needs to have FCC mh8a on the end

Can anyone let me know if the Teric is compatible with any other manufacturers transmitters? The perdix supported at least one non Shearwater transmitter, perhaps only unofficially. I have a working uwatec transmitter that just got a new factory battery replacement and we'll it's about to become a doorstop when my teric arrives later this week if it doesn't pair.

Shearwater only works with one manufacturer's transmitter. The one made by PPS (Pelagic Pressure Systems, I believe). Fortunately, a lot of other companies that sell dive computers also have their computers working with the same PPS transmitters. So, Shearwater, Oceanic, Aqualung, and others, sell transmitters, but they are all selling PPS transmitters, not Shearwater transmitters and Oceanic transmitters and etc..

Does anyone else notice the battery drains much faster since the the firmware update? I was wearing it as a watch and could go almost three days without a charge, but now it seems like it won't go past 1.5 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom