The sharks have arrived! In force!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be diving in Playa next week, but have Thur open - might consider it - I'm wondering how quickly do the trips fill up?

Thanks for all the input! Sounds like a great trip; one I'm defenitely up to. Can I make the trip directly from Cozumel or do I have to go first to Playa del Carmen? Is this a regular trip that many operators do?

Are these dives, or just snorkeling trips? (I'm going to be in the area for a week in June . . . )

Snorkeling only. They won't let you SCUBA with whale sharks.

This thread is useless without pictures!!!!!!!

the trip is $185 and that inc. r/t transport from playa too, its a guarentee!

?Sharks are guaranteed? How does that work?
I will be down on the 7th for a couple of weeks... what is the best day to go (i.e.quietest)... let me know and I'll book me and the missus up... she really loves getting up at 4am on our holidays:eyebrow:

I wonder if there any around in October. My family and I will be there mid-October. One of my dream dives is to swim with a whale shark.

Like Lynne asked (I might have missed it) is this snorkel only or scuba too? If it's snorkel, I canget my wife to go too. She'd love it being a non-diver.

Michael

EDIT: Nevermind, I scrolled back up and saw the post.. Snorkeling only.. now to check for October whale sharks.

For those who wonder how they can guarantee you to see whalesharks, I was there last summer and there is litterarilly sharks all over the place. They come there to feed off the plankton for a certain period of the year.

Although we where only allowed to snorkel with (and not to touch them) these amazing creatures its an experience I wouldnt be without. Its one of the most facinating, exciting and humbling experiences ever. Not all of the whalesharks is as interested in having you around as the others though. Some of them just swim away or go deeper when they see you around (and no, you wont be able to keep up with them) while others just swim around with you till youre exhausted. $185 might seem like a big pile of cash for a daytrip, but if you regret spending them theres not much in the sea that will impress you I think..

Back
Top Bottom