The SCUBA Police and the Vintage Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I just scored what I consider a real treat! One of my wife's ex-coworkers' husband gave me a Sportsways WaterLung regulator set - in PERFECT condition! Still in the box even! $98.95 price on the box.
He used it for a few years in fresh water and it's been sitting ever since.
Antique gear? Well if it's serviced properly it will still work okay!
As for the story line here? Priceless! Not sure I would have been as politically correct as you were, kudos!

I'm not interested in vintage diving, but I am always interested in a story about someone making a fool of themselves. That was awesome.

When you dive your own equipment for 40+ years, it's not vintage equipment, it's YOUR OWN EQUIPENT.
The only thing vintage about this diver, is this diver. My equipment is much younger than I am!

I would have simply responded to everything he said very loudly, "Did you know that Leisurepro.com has the best prices on SCUBA Gear?"

"I always find the best prices at Leisurepro.com!"

"Why would anyone by gear at a dive shop when there's Leisurepro.com?!"

:D

:rofl3: I hadn't thought of that!

Oh, there's a TON of douchey dive instructors in the Dallas area who have deputised themselves.

One of my favorite dooosh moves is the one where they look for a guy with his mask on his head and just obnoxiously scream, "ARE YOU OK?! ARE YOU OK?!" because a mask on the forehead is a "universal" symbol for a distressed diver. I'm talking on the land they do this.

I just advertise cheap gear websites to their students.

One of my favorite dooosh moves is the one where they look for a guy with his mask on his head and just obnoxiously scream, "ARE YOU OK?! ARE YOU OK?!" because a mask on the forehead is a "universal" symbol for a distressed diver.

The REAL universal distress signal is waving. So just wave to them when they do that:D

I have popped my mask onto my forehead since 1962. It's my way and I have no inclination to change such an old habit.

I have popped my mask onto my forehead since 1962. It's my way and I have no inclination to change such an old habit.

All you guys with great vision!

I keep my mask on until I can get to my glasses. Otherwise, I might miss the boat (or dock or shore.....) :D

The mask on the forehead is only for very advanced divers....you know, tec and above.
Kids, don't try this at home!

Did he strip search you complete with body cavity search?

You could have told him to kiss your a## durning the search.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Back
Top Bottom