The San Pedro Seems to be Detiorating...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo:
So what happened with the USS Belleau Wood and USS Mauna Kea?
How come they couldn't be saved as artificial reefs, and were used for target practice instead???
The Navy did use them as an artificial reef... just a tad deeper than S&D's MOD of 210ft... Besides, I don't think the residents of Waikiki would appreciate a Harpoon missile flying straight at them to give then an artificial reef:no

can't we go and collect some of the stripped car wrecks out towards Makaha and sink those in a heap?

What happened with the USS Mauna Kea with regards to WHARF, your local S2R org? I was waiting for word of when they were going to clean it up and prep it for sinking, a la USS Oriskany. . .

How did y'all divers over there lose interest and control of this ship?

oh that was the one they wanted to sink off the BI? Someone posted something about it a while back but never heard about it again....too bad :(

justleesa:
That has been down for at least 3 years.

Didn't see my lens, did you?

What type and information on the lens do you have. I found one about 2-3 months ago down there and still have it. Maybe it is yours.

Let me know.

Scuba and Dream:
Funny thing is last time we went looking for ... something ... I was going to take my camera..until someone pointed out to me that the housing was only rated to 130'

I have a video housing that I am pretty confident will take 10atms for more. If you ever want to take it down and test it (sans camera the first time) you are more than welcome. If it checks good then you can use my video camera to document.

I lost it (them) two weeks ago - Friday. Two Inon 165 macro lenses screwed together....If you happen to go again take a look (a guest dropped their light near the head of the San Pedro, I went head down for it....thinking I either lost it there or when I went thru the hold of the YO or near the "canon" where the eel usually hides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom