The Real Cost of Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait $375 for private OW dives then $300 for 6 days of 2 tank dives. Is this the price is right. How could an operator even offer either of these prices?

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:48 AM ----------

And then the $1000 regulator with the optional $46 bag... That is too funny

Although their choices show they know little or nothing about diving, they are on the right track. Lets face it, diving can quite expensive and suck the money right out of you even if you don't spend it as ridiculously as those morons.

Bob
-------------------------------------------
Even a blind pig gets an acorn once in a while.

What are they getting for AOW in your area???

$200.00 or $300.00 w/ NITROX
Course, materials, c-cards, checkout dives etc.
Don't know on the cost of gear rental.

Last edited:
$485 all in. Classroom, books, pool, rental gear (everything), sales tax, ow dives …… everything.

I find this hilarious.....

This is in the photography section......find the inconsistency between the picture and the excerpt from the article.....

i3ioLtXxOWE0.jpg

And this is a tough one so I do not want anybody yelling at me because they cannot see the inconsistency....

I don't see the problem here ... his knees are still on the bottom ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I responded to their article. Diving IS expensive so why did they have to try to make it sound like it costs more than it does?

Price out Atomic Titanium regs ($1500+), Force Fins Tan Delta ($500), DUI custom Drysuit ($4000) and it can get expensive quick. Pricing out private lessons and PADI online is absurd. Makes me wonder if they screw up everything this bad.

I don't see the problem here ... his knees are still on the bottom ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It looks more like an underwater yoga class than a picture depicting perfect buoyancy :D

In our shop we have a price sheet that we offer potential students:

$350 for NAUI, PADI, or SDI Open Water certification (includes ALL equipment and air fills)
$250 for NAUI, PADI, or SDI Advanced Open Water certification
$200 for NAUI, PADI, or SDI Rescue certification
$100 for NAUI, PADI, or SDI Nitrox certification

The above is for standard classes with multiple students, private instruction costs more. Top of the line equipment packages (several brands) for new scuba students: mask, snorkel, and fins packages at $125, $150, $175 and $200; and BCD, regulator/octo packages at $600, $750 and $900.

A lot of students use the above pricing when costing out their initial scuba investment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom