The Philippines is open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tickets are booked, I'm doing it. Thanks for reminding me that I need insurance! Travelex worked for me in the Turks and Caicos...

I'm trying to figure out if they will accept the paper vaccination card, and if there's another option just in case they don't.

I'm trying to figure out if they will accept the paper vaccination card, and if there's another option just in case they don't.
It does explain the kind of proof accepted.

I will bring all the vaccination records in both analogue and digital form.
Airline usually check them first.
Have a nice trip.

I'll head to Panglao to do the TDI Deco Procedure and Tech Sidemount courses with Frontier Tech Divers in the next few months, pending flights. Super stoked!

I'll head to Panglao to do the TDI Deco Procedure and Tech Sidemount courses with Frontier Tech Divers in the next few months, pending flights. Super stoked!
Did not realize that Rick has relocated himself from PG to Alona Beach.

Did not realize that Rick has relocated himself from PG to Alona Beach.
Not Alona I think. Google Map says he's on the west side. I wouldn't be able to handle Alona. I actually stopped diving for a while after the Lanta and Alona trips a few months apart because of the negative experience with cattle boats.

Did not realize the development on Panglao has extended to the other side. 25 yrs ago even Alona Beach was dead quiet.
Never heard of "cattle boat" in Philippines.
I refer the term to a dive boat which will accommodate clients from any operators. Worst experience was in Phuket.

Alona was buzzing when I went in early 2017. The boat wasn't as crowded as Phuket but still very big. It was impossible to find somewhere truly quiet to stay (granted, my requirement for noise is dead silence)

Probably none of them went on diving trip but it shows how challenging it will be once countries open their borders and then deal with the different vaccination certificates from abroad.

I'm hoping to travel there in May. But I have questions. The site says digital certificates, but I only have paper. (Well, I have a digital one but I don't know if it would be accepted, it's just from MyChart). My dive companion has the WHO yellow card certificate. I could get my vaccinations added to that. And medical insurance. I'd like to know what documentation they accept. I went to one site and it had sample cards and visa letters but other sites don't address the issue. As folks go, I hope they will post their experiences. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom