The Pasley October '06 Dive Report Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 2006-11-03
Dive Location: Diver's Cove
Buddy(ies): Bruce3
Time: 14:16
Bottom Time: 54 min
Max Depth: 28ft
Vis: 0-10ft, occasionally 15'+
Wave height: 1' on entry, 1-2' + on exit
Temp at depth: 62F

Ditched out of work early today to try an afternoon dive. When we got there, the tide was extremely low. I'm not familiar with the site enough to know at what tides the various reefs start to be exposed, but when we got there, it looked as though everything was out of the water.

Viz suffered as a result unfortunately. While the surf was small, there was some energy behind it, and the turbidity really did a number. In some places the viz opened up to 15' or more, but for the most part it was poor to ok. The tide started rising while we were under, and even more water decided to start moving around. By the time we were in the shallows at the end of the dive we were getting tossed around by 4-6' of surge in 0-3' of viz. No fun!

It looked like conditions wanted to be good, but that the tide change was killing it. Based on what I saw today, the conditions at Diver's could still be pretty good this weekend. We just happened to be there at the wrong time.

Should have gone down to Wood's like I was considering. Oh well....

Back
Top Bottom