The Official Topic Suggestions Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am guilty of slandering a shop publicly ( on this board) once. Boy was I pissed now that I think about it... But what can I say, the shop went out of business, and an owner is an ahole. He later PMed me cursing me out. oh well. I really dislike many of my LDSs and still haven't found a decent one that I can truly say that I will back 100% up. Most shops around here are rude, make you feel like you don't know S#$%, or insulting. I can't count how many times I've been screwd by a shop, bith financially and in terms of commitment, service, etc...

XJae once bubbled...
this is great, a thread about threads. :)

It's my tribute to Seinfeld. Remember the coffee table book about coffee tables??? :D

Good idea about the wreck thread, and cool link NJ Divegirl.
That will be a good subject for the winter.

I'll get some intro threads going tomorrow as soon as I get back from my morning dive.

Scott

I agree with vadim! If a LDS has given bad service why should members go thru the same bs? If facts support how badly a diver has been treated, then, I am all for exposing them. I am sure all of you, at one time or another has dealt with dive shops that are just not helpful and not objective just to push a sale? And the bs that they push onto new divers is appaling. Both good and bad comments (yes, it can be done without slander) should be the rule here.

That is a great site. That's where we found that silt, I mean uh Delaware Water Gap Train Wreck dive.

We have to have a thread, all about websites related to local diving.
New Jersey Scuba Diver is a great start.
The next 2 that need to go in there are the sites for checking tide times for LI and NJ for all those shore dives.

How about a thread just for posting our stinky backscatter filled pictures?

Izzy- No one is going to censor you in any way :wink:

I related the story of my friend and my suggestion to make everyone aware of the potential risks involved of naming names in a bad light.

Believe me, they didn't think they were slandering either. For instance, if you say an instructor almost drowned you, the burden of proof is on you. You'd have to prove he did! If all the evidence you have is your word against his, you lose! You pay damages!

Feel free to say whatever you want. Just be careful buddy.

PS I totally agree with your statement about LDS BS. I'll tell you some funny stories sometime when we dive together.

Scott

Photo Gallery???

I like it. We'll need to get some pics Saturday of the first ever Wreck Valley dive gathering.

Scubapalooza 2003 :D

grunzster once bubbled...
The next 2 that need to go in there are the sites for checking tide times for LI and NJ for all those shore dives.

How about a thread just for posting our stinky backscatter filled pictures?

Like the picture idea, though I've had vis this past September in the near 50ft range (OK, I was first one in the water and it dropped dramatically after that!).

I have a website at home for tides... I'm going to have to remember to post it here! :)

I'll have my digital and my stinky underwater camera!

No housing for the digital yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom