The Official "LOST" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is another great recap.....it raises some questions on why Ben might have killed Locke instead of letting Locke kill himself.

'Lost' recap: It's about the journey | Lost | 1 | TV Recaps | Totally 'Lost' | EW.com

I'm confused now on who is the bad guy and who is the good guy....maybe they are both bad.

And in response to Jin being in the Dharma van...remember when the people do the time travel flash on the island? What ever they have in their possession at the time goes with them. We saw that happen when they where in the ocean in the little boat running from the people who were shooting at them. When the flash happened they were still in the boat. So, maybe Jin was in the van when the flash happened.
Sorry, just saw this one,
I'll read the summary after I watch it again. Thanks for the link.

good guy/bad guy - see my ideas in my response to Hockey in the post above.

As for Jin, interesting idea. But I'm sticking with my idea that Jin's in 70's dharma dominated island - and at least Daniel is there as well. Possibly even Julliete and Sawyer since the 4 of them have been jumping together (along with lock until he "fixed" the wheel thereby stopping the jumps and getting himself off the island).

so much for locke killing himself
YEa, but it's a technicality since John was about to hang himself anyway. Ben just squeezed some more info out of him (manipulated him as usual) before finishing up what he (John) was going to do anyway and then carry on with geting the rest to actually fall into line and go back to the island.
I thought that's what they've been saying all along, that locke committed suicide.
That's what Eloise said and that's how Ben made it look. We all know he's a liar (and so does Eloise - remember in the last ep. Jack asked if Ben's telling the truth and she replied "Probably not") and probably never told anybody that it wasn't really a suicide. What strcuk me was when John was already dead and as Ben was leaving Ben said that he'll miss john. It seemed sincere since he has no resaon to lie to a dead man. I'm guessing he didn't know John would be resurrected and is going to be very surprised to see him alive onthe island.
Gin isn't working for Dharma. He didn't recognize any of them, he knew her name. The pregnant lady is Ben's daughters mom, which is the lady that's running around in the woods with the rifle in the earlier seasons. Sorry, I can't remember her name, maybe Daniele? When she told him her name that's when he had the *** look on his face.

The biggest mystery of the entire island to me is the black smoke monster and on the same episode the guy said it was a security system for that building, which we know was a lie, or was it? <plays twilight zone music>
Dude, you've got two different things mixed up. Jin is jumping in time. He didn't recognize Danielle (Rouseau) because he's jumping in time and met her 16 yeasr before he crashed ont he island. He did recognise her name but was probably F'd up not knowing what's going on since he, A. has been adrift on a raft, B. dishydrated & lacking food for days and C. he's jumping in time.

As for him not working for Dharma, it is possible, but, he was last seen wearing a pretty good condition (if not new) dharma jumpsuit and driving up in the VW van that was also in really good shape, leading me to believe that he is actually in the late 70's. That works well with the brief shot that we saw of Daniel inside the Orchid station during it's construction (which according to the timeline should have also been in the early to mid 70's). So how did he get there? I don't know, but I'll bet it has something to do with a jump that happened when John "fixed" the wheel (thereby sending Jin, Sawyer, Daniel, Juliette and the recently deceased Charlotte to the 70's and John to "present day" Tunesia). Then when the O-6 were on the plane, there was that flash, which I think brought at least Jack, Hurley and Kate to that same mid 70's time period. And then they met. jin didn't recognize them at first (but he didn't recognize Sawyers voice either when they first met back up in episode 4 or 5, and you gotta admit, it's a pretty reasy to recognize voice).

AS for the smoke monster. They've said it's a security system, but I don't know exactly what for. There was mention of that temple where the frecnch guy lost his arm, but how far is that fromt he place where Lock almost got drug in by it in one of the earlier seasons (on their way back from the Black Rock, when Jack saved him and somebody tossed an explosive down the hatch). I don't know what it is and don't have a good idea yet. But it is cool!

Some other thoughts:

What is the room that Cesar is checking out? It's obviously a Dharma station, but which one? What's it's purpose?

"The pilot and some woman" dissapeared in an outrigger. Could it have been Sun convincing Frank to go around the island looking for Jin (Frank would be reasonabley easliy convinced since he knew Sun, Jack, Kate & the rest to go looking for them as well).

WT*? Walt? Is he supposed to go back also? Ben observed Lock talking to him and the others did alwasy calim that he was "special".

I think that Frank and Sun were the ones in the boat. That makes sense.

Here is another great recap.....it raises some questions on why Ben might have killed Locke instead of letting Locke kill himself.

'Lost' recap: It's about the journey | Lost | 1 | TV Recaps | Totally 'Lost' | EW.com

I'm confused now on who is the bad guy and who is the good guy....maybe they are both bad.

And in response to Jin being in the Dharma van...remember when the people do the time travel flash on the island? What ever they have in their possession at the time goes with them. We saw that happen when they where in the ocean in the little boat running from the people who were shooting at them. When the flash happened they were still in the boat. So, maybe Jin was in the van when the flash happened.
Just finished reading that link. I never bought the building a runway argument. Now this guy claims that Frank landed the plane on said runway on the other little island. I don't think so. If Sawyer, Juliette, Lock and the others were jumping though time (apparently not moving around in space on the island) how would they have found the outriggers if said outriggers are on the other island? Even when Lock woke up he asked about the 2 boats and was told that they used have 3 but Frank and some woman took off on one. What's Lock doing on the other island?

I think that Frank and Sun were the ones in the boat. That makes sense.

Cool, glad you like it. That was the first thing that occurred to me, and it seems to make sense.

I hope that next week we get to see what happened to Ben's face, where Aaron is and if Jack, Jin, Kate and Hurley are separated in time from Lock and the Aljira survivors. Apart form where are Sayid and Sun, those seem to be the biggest wide open pieces to me.

Now I have to go wax up my new surfboard. I wanna catch some early waves on it before fixing the boat and (hopefully) getting some work done.

But then wouldn't the plane have gone with Jack, Kate and Hurley? It seems certain objects move through time and others don't. IE when Locke went down the well it disappeared but Sawyer still had the rope in his hands?

But then wouldn't the plane have gone with Jack, Kate and Hurley? It seems certain objects move through time and others don't. IE when Locke went down the well it disappeared but Sawyer still had the rope in his hands?

not necesarily. We saw Cesar (IIRC) say that some of the passengers (Hurley and a few more) just vanished from the plane after the turbulence started (and the flash began - but we don't know if he saw the flash). Also keep in mind that the zodiak was jumping with sawyer et al until it disappeared (maybe posession is important).

Here we goooooooooooo

No way

sawyer??????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom