the next step in spring straps....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpittman

Reaction score
tonight i have finished off and on work of making a spring strap anchoring system that i feel is the next logical step in minimizing failure... the design base i have found that i liked the most is the apollo c-series fin strap . what i do not like about their strap is the cost , and the fact that it is STILL made out of delrin , granted delrin is tough tough stuff , it is STILL plastic , it will still deteriorate over time and exposure to hot trunks in mid summer , and frozen crust on the northern beaches. i have made a similar mounting style anchor for your jetfins , but it has been machined from solid aluminum instead of delrin.the anchor sits flush with the fins' rubber , and is angled and rounded on top to present no snag points , and a more hydrodynamic profile. hopefully i can post some pictures tomorrow.. for those interested i can cut these out on a CNC for about 60 bucks for a set of 4 blocks , and i think weve already all found out what other hardware we need :) . i know it sounds close to the chunk of cash manta or any of the others want. but aluminum isnt cheap , nor is time paid on a cnc , but i beleive the solution that is offered is more of a step towards zero failure and zero snag than what the big guys are willing to offer. oh one more thing , if any of you drysuit folks out there with ankle weights are interested , i could probably get em done in stainless steel as well , and maybe cut down a bit on the lead your wearing that isnt serving a dual purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom