The New Indiana Jones Movie...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back....it wasn't that bad. I think it's better than #3

Saw the preview for the new Batman movie....that looks like a must see....

The Golden Compass, now that's a movie that I'd like to get my money back for....

The Golden Compass, now that's a movie that I'd like to get my money back for....
Really? Both my kids loved it......

just proves again that we all have different tastes :wink:
Could have something to do with an age difference as well..... they're only 7 & 5 :rofl3:

They love the bear. :D

If I had gotten that far I might have liked the bear :)....the actress that played the Lyra, Dakota Blue Richards, was so horrible that all 9 (3 staff and 6 clients) of us agreed to turn it off after the first 20 minutes.

I bought a copy of the GP for $15 bucks, I feel ripped off. :D

The movie is not that bad. It is no more faky than other Indiana Jones flicks, although I do agree the CGI was a little overboard. It does what all good sequals due - ties up some loose ends from the previous movies and it opens the door to more sequals with a potential successor to Indy - which is perhaps the most distressing part as he really lacks Harrison's Fords appeal and presence.

It does have some glaring technical errors (the powder used to fill the grenades, lead shot being affected by magnatism, a lead lined refrigerator, etc, etc, etc), but the Area 51 connection is kinda cute and is a nice tie in to the period.

Aliens are unrealistic but being dissolved by ghosts from the Ark of the Covenant isn't?

:ermm: Hmmm, you have a point there. I guess to me the whole idea of aliens where just a little bit too much of a cliche and not what I would have associated Indiane Jones with. But as they say, to each his own.

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. A bit corny in spots, but still just a standard Indiana Jones film.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom