The New Dive Rite Optima CM - My 30 Hour Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compression of the CL against your chest seems to be an obvious issue.

I have the same problem on the TOS (top of shoulder) CLs I use on my Meg. Go fast enough and they want to smush which vents gas out your nose and triggers the ADV when you subsequently try to inhale. Or it just smushes the CL enough to trigger the ADV.

With lots of scootering in the Choptima I have not had this issue at all. Biggest inconvenience is the tow cord getting caught in the O2 valve but after some use it’s also really a non issue and if it’s that big of a deal you can run the O2 offboard.

Compression of the CL against your chest seems to be an obvious issue.

I have the same problem on the TOS (top of shoulder) CLs I use on my Meg. Go fast enough and they want to smush which vents gas out your nose and triggers the ADV when you subsequently try to inhale. Or it just smushes the CL enough to trigger the ADV.

Have you actually had this issue with the Choptima?

Admittedly, I am at exactly 3 scooter dives with mine and this has absolutely NOT happened.

Have you actually had this issue with the Choptima?

Admittedly, I am at exactly 3 scooter dives with mine and this has absolutely NOT happened.
I don't have a choptima, never tried one. I was just guessing what superlyte might have been talking about.

What scooter are you riding? I can say that on my DiveX sierra its almost impossible be uncomfortable at all nevermind to compress a CL. Vs. on my Genesis I can crush the counterlung, crush all of my boy parts, rip my mask off, and flood my drysuit through the neck seal all at once if I'm not careful. The difference in thrust is orders of magnitude.

I know superlyte rides some serious scooters.

I don't have a choptima, never tried one. I was just guessing what superlyte might have been talking about.

What scooter are you riding? I can say that on my DiveX sierra its almost impossible be uncomfortable at all nevermind to compress a CL. Vs. on my Genesis I can crush the counterlung, crush all of my boy parts, rip my mask off, and flood my drysuit through the neck seal all at once if I'm not careful. The difference in thrust is orders of magnitude.

I have a Sierra and a Piranha. Next time I go out I'll try harder to crush the counter lungs and I'll report back.

on my Genesis I can crush the counterlung, crush all of my boy parts, rip my mask off, and flood my drysuit through the neck seal all at once if I'm not careful.

Aarrrrrghhh!! I want one of those SO bad!!!

Aarrrrrghhh!! I want one of those SO bad!!!

I’ll sell you one :)

With discussion elsewhere on lead needs for light CCRs, how much lead is needed to make this neutral?

DiveRite lists the weight as 14 lb w/o O2 cylinder or sorb. What is the typical ready to dive weight (ignoring the dil/bailout BC and harness)? So what lead is needed with some O2 cylinder to make the CM unit neutral?

With discussion elsewhere on lead needs for light CCRs, how much lead is needed to make this neutral?

DiveRite lists the weight as 14 lb w/o O2 cylinder or sorb. What is the typical ready to dive weight (ignoring the dil/bailout BC and harness)? So what lead is needed with some O2 cylinder to be neutral?
It’s neutral w an AL13. It is not perfectly “in trim,” by itself. 5lb sorb, cylinder ~7.

DiveRite lists the weight as 14 lb w/o O2 cylinder or sorb. What is the typical ready to dive weight (ignoring the dil/bailout BC and harness)? So what lead is needed with some O2 cylinder to make the CM unit neutral?

I added about 4 lbs. I suspect a large part of that is that I am new to CC; hopefully as I get better I can shed the lead.

Back
Top Bottom