The most posts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it is... in a manner of speaking. I guess that's just as fair a use for thanks (and I use for that more than anything else, honestly) button so it makes sense to include that in the "signal" portion of the signal to noise ratio.

Fair enough.

OTOH, perhaps the second most common use of "thanks" is to agree with a subject that's been discussed time and time again.

If there are two parallel threads which have much the same content, does that really increase signal?

In any case, I do agree with the premise that Thanks count is a poor barometer. After all what OWstudent1 finds useful may be irrelevant to OWstudent2, let alone OWstudent1 compared to SidemoutTrimixCCRCaveScooterInstructor1.

ONESPEED and Sam.......Supreme Natterers :D.

I better brush up on my bartender skills cause if ONESPPED is not able to fulfill his duties, as runner up I'm expected to step in, right? :D

Wonder who has the highest Inverse post relationship = "most posts shortest time on Scubaboard" or "Most Posts per day"

Wow--I'm only 19,402 behind! Gotta get moving!

Here's another post...

and another...hey! now, I'm up to 1,960! That's good, right?

I'm gonna be quiet, now.

Isn't anyone going to thank me for that??

:D

Wonder who has the highest Inverse post relationship = "most posts shortest time on Scubaboard" or "Most Posts per day"

Currently it appears to be Jax at an average of 46 posts per day. Next closest is ONESPEED at 25 per day.

It's not about quantity, but signal to noise ratio... Some are clearly better at this than others. I think you'd find the "thanks" may be skewed too. If someone posts a lot of funny things they tend to get a lot of thanks.

Number of Thanks is meaningless. There is a small group of people on ScubaBoard who made a game out of Thanking each other for every post. Something like "Good morning" would draw 25 Thanks ... "LOL" might draw even more than that. For this reason, the Thanks button doesn't really tell you anything about what they contribute to the community outside of their own little circle of friends.

Number of Posts is also meaningless ... there are some folks who practically live on the social forums ... and although they may post hundreds of times a day, you rarely see them participating in the scuba-related discussions ... at least not in any meaningful way.

Neither of those statistics will tell you anything about another member ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Who's got the most posts on Scubaboard? I see one poster has over 18,000.

Someone that has way too much time on his/her hand...

Back
Top Bottom