The most irritating game in existence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's one of my favorite games. But it does kill me to get down to 2 squares and no way to logically pick one, just pure, dumb luck and guess.

Try this one :)
1. Start Minesweeper,
2. Type "xyzzy" without the quotes,
3. Hit Shift and Enter at the same time,
4. Minimize all application windows that hide the desktop. The uppermost pixel in the top left corner of your desktop will turn black when you mouse over a mine, and white when it's safe to click.

It worked in WinME and probably in XP also :)

LOL anywhere with the minesweeper window in focus
(no this doesn't work in vista and my score is legit dang it!!!!)

If you have Microsoft Windows on your computer it's one of the games under the "entertainment" folder.

Try it. They suck you in by making the first two boards easy enough for a monkey and then once you have the swing of it, you get sucked into trying the "expert" level and find out how cruel Microsoft really is.... :)

:D Ok, I'll give it a try.

I haven't played the Vista version (Microsoft devotes surprising time to Minesweeper between new Windows versions, and I know Vista's has been overhauled graphically, but the gameplay mechanics and mine-ratio may have been tweaked as well, so I wouldn't be comfortable comparing win percentages on different OSes), but in XP, Expert mode simply falls to the luck of the field. There's not that much you can do about it either because of the fundamental game design, but having too many mines puts you into more and more situations where you're left choosing between multiple 50/50 or 33/33/33 blind choices on the same board, and when that happens you're bound to lose frequently regardless of how good you are at the game.

:shocked2: Maybe not.

Try this one :)
1. Start Minesweeper,
2. Type "xyzzy" without the quotes,
3. Hit Shift and Enter at the same time,
4. Minimize all application windows that hide the desktop. The uppermost pixel in the top left corner of your desktop will turn black when you mouse over a mine, and white when it's safe to click.

It worked in WinME and probably in XP also :)

:kiss2: Ok, back on!!!

LOL anywhere with the minesweeper window in focus
(no this doesn't work in vista and my score is legit dang it!!!!)

:depressed: Darn it! Would you, please stop with the tease! I have Vista.

:D Ok, I'll give it a try.

:shocked2: Maybe not.

:kiss2: Ok, back on!!!

:depressed: Darn it! Would you, please stop with the tease! I have Vista.

LOL :)

Go ahead and give it a try, Kats, but don't tell me I didn't warn you... :D

R..

i always just start by opening all four corners. at least i avoid the hell that is a blind corner.

ok, freecell...they are all winnable. do you play the same game over & over until you beat it into submission, or do you cut your losses when you paint yourself into a corner & just go on to the next deal??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom