The Mine LaMotte Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

****, sunday is bad for me-can't make it. have fun without me, waaaaa! :(
crystal clear water? mine lamotte? hmmmmmm, u SURE it was mine lamotte??

what'dya see in there? where are the dam pics! i can't wait to hear more! b4stards!@#! :)

what about saturday? any takers on saturday?? I want to do a night dive in the open quarry soon, when is the next full moon wknd?

yea we did this on a spur of the moment no camera...
next round though = were talking generator, work lights, boat trolling motor or canoe... this place is unreal you will poop yourself.. Im talking bonterre quality of scenery and just on a smaller size.
lets do the next full moon thing.. we can do an overnight trip.. show up in the evening .. dive.. camp... then do it again in am maybe..
either or... were in..

Fleep, I did not have an underwater camera with me. I was just taking pics topside. Some time this moring before I go to the recycling place I am goign to take a pic of the trash for you guys. Just to show all the cans and plastic that we pulled out of that place.

This weekend is no good for me either because I have to work on Sat and then on Sun my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary (I think we are doing it this Sun, I guess I better go get a card).

Talk to you soon...

Phil

Be careful on the night dive. I'm not talking in the water, be careful exiting. It would be very easy to make a missed step around there.

It looks like the 27th is the next time I would be able to make a trip down there. I wouldn't mind getting there earlier in the morning, though.

Both I and Rsigmund will be there on Sunday - What time? 10AM? What do you need us to bring? I was planning on placing buoys/markers on the boat and any other items of interest.

Thanks,
Bill

I may be up for the 27th early, unless by some strange stroke of Kharma I get hit with the stomach flu again. What was the water temp like?

Chris,

Nice work on finding the new dive site. The old messages I found on Google talk a lot about the "bat room". Perhaps this is the room you found as well. I am very excited about the idea of clear water - even if I have to free dive or snorkel.

I am also working on contacting the previous explorers, so maybe we could coordinate. PM me if you wish.

I have already contacted Mike Heusack and a guy named Skip. Mike claims most of the lines that enter the mine (he said that at one time all of the lines were his). Mike did not have access to a map of the mine and did not make one during his dives.

Skip, however, claims to have a "stick map", which I am trying to obtain. I am not sure what a "stick map" is - but obviously it is more than we have now.

Both of these guys were very friendly and returned my emails and calls quickly.

Mike did mention that safety is his highest concern as he was involved with some recovery efforts at MLM in the past.

Geno

I may be up for the 27th early, unless by some strange stroke of Kharma I get hit with the stomach flu again. What was the water temp like?
murdrcycle,

the water was quite cold. I think about 55 or less at depth (from reports of others).

Geno

COLD!!!!!!

No really it was not that bad. I little chilly when it first fills up the suit but not bad after that. I have not looked at my computer to see what the temp was.

We had 54 lbs of cans that I turned in today. It is a good start on the millions of cans in there. I have attached a pic of the trailer before I took everything in today. Sorry the platic bags with all the plastic in them do not show up well because the trailer was in a shadow. I had 8 garbage bags full of plastic stuff. I also had 3 other bags of just plain old garbage that went out with the trash this morning. So it is not just cans we cleaned out a lot of junk in there.

Attachments

• Trailer.JPG
    Trailer.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 70
Thanks again SKDVR for all the help with the trash. I am nominating SKDVR to be the treasure since he has already holding our cash for the cans.. if anyone objects speak up .... ok.. congrats
I just emailed Missouri DNR. they have alot of programs for our natural resources. I am trying to get us some help in for forms of grants, freebies pretty much anything....
My plans for the weekend took a turn south.. my wife has to work sunday so I will have my little girl all to myself.. I will be glad to come out and visit but I cant dive... What days work comming up for everyone else. We need to try and plan this out cause there are alot of good diving days left.. .. especially those who have DRYSUITS (usuk) hahahaha...

Temp sunday was 64 degrees at 20'... not bad at all... previously it was 59 degrees in the mines at 22'
great job guys!!!!

Back
Top Bottom