The Maui diving experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I know where you ended up and there is kind of a 'barrier reef/rock zone' in there. Sounds like you got pretty twisted around. Easy to do there when the viz is bad and surf is up. Dive and Learn, right?

Kris, I've been over there and it has some pretty corals and all but is shallow, tends to be murkier and just isn't nearly as good as going in and heading Right. If I had nothing else to do all day I would go play around and explore there more but you get more bang for the buck heading to the caves so that's the way I usually go. There's a cool dive if you go out deep first then swing North. There's an old, large anchor chain out there and a pile o'turtles too but if you didn't know the way you might not find it and end up wasting a dive.

When we did Makena, we went in from the landing side with scooters . . . I have no idea how many reef "fingers" we passed, heading to the right, but it would be very easy to get disoriented and unsure of your entry point, and it's all so shallow that any significant surge would really reduce the viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom