the life aquatic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
what did you think of that movie.

i'm writing a paper on it for my abnormal psychology class. I diagnosed Zissou with post traumatic stress disorder. haha. actually really interesting.....

“Encounter with highly abnormal shark-like fish, ten meters in length, unfamiliar dorsal features, spots all over it! I shot it dorsally with a homing dart! ESTEBAN WAS EATEN! Check the scanning monitor. Start tracking it before it dives too deep.”
“Esteban was bitten?”
“Eaten!”
“Is he dead?”
“Esteban was eaten!”
“He was swallowed whole?”
“NO! CHEWED!”

"He's got the crazy eyes!"

For a Wes Anderson movie it wasn't one of his best but I loved it nonetheless - can't beat acoustic Bowie sung in Portugese :D

its in my top ten best movies ever. I actually thought it was up there with his best. Royal Tenenbaums is hard to top, but the subtle nuances in the life aquatic are just priceless.

TSBHH, We certainly disagree on this one. I was so looking forward to this movie coming out, and when I finally got to see it I was very disappointed. It was very boring and there wasn't much of a climax or a plot to the movie. Bill Murray an Owen Wilson are halarious in their own right, but terrible in this movie....

I thought it was very boring myself - couldn't finish it............BUT, think it was probably like Best in Show.........which got good reviews but I couldn't figure out why. Some people just appreciate that kind of stuff - not me - LOL! If you liked Best in Show, you'd probably like Life Aquatic.

I loved it. It was understated, and quirky, and hilarious if you pay attention!

theskull

A paper for a psychology class on a movie? How do you diagnose something which is fake?

Damselfish:
A paper for a psychology class on a movie? How do you diagnose something which is fake?

well, im not really going to be treating him now am i?

You would be surprised at how many movies contain characters that have serious phsychological disorders. everyone thinks they are just unique and quirky, but they are all just sick.

there's about 50 supporting factors in the movie to link Zissou to post traumatic stress disorder and manic depression.

I could not decide so I watched it again. Still was not sure so watched it yet again. ...... Now I have seen it about 9 times and I still can not bring myself to recomend it to anyone, but at the same time I can not stop watching it. I think now I will have to watch it tonight. :D

This sort of thing happened to me a long time ago with Pink Floyd The Wall. That went on for over a year. :bonk:

MidAtlantic:
I could not decide so I watched it again. Still was not sure so watched it yet again. ...... Now I have seen it about 9 times and I still can not bring myself to recomend it to anyone, but at the same time I can not stop watching it. I think now I will have to watch it tonight. :D

This sort of thing happened to me a long time ago with Pink Floyd The Wall. That went on for over a year. :bonk:

Shades of "the Rocky Horror Picture Show" I understand that it's been running in some theatres since it came out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom