The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HPT3

Reaction score
Some book...................It makes one relieze their own mortality, stay within ones limits, and not to be to cocky. DIVE SAFE:)

Makes you never want to blow off 90 plus minutes of deco.

I have heard several things about the book. Where can I get a copy to read?

How about the public library?

A few of the NYC LDS give it away as part of their OW certification course.

Even though the author doesn't talk directly about John Chatterton, it was kind of interesting to get a different read of this guy. I'm still kind of curious to how/why the father/son team died on that German sub.

Hantzu

After reading so much of the tech details in open water training manuals and in magazines, becoming comfortable with the dive tables, and developing skills above and below the water, I found that the book's delineation of the human and psychological dimension of the divers (relational history and individual personality foibles etc.) underscored the importance of buddies, empathic yet assertive communication between those diving together, and group comaraderie among divers. It was a dimension not dealt with much during my training at least.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
Makes you never want to blow off 90 plus minutes of deco.

... Nor perform a deep air (200 ft) penetration.

... Nor fail to stage extra deco gas.

... Nor send someone into a wreck alone.

These guys let visions of fame and glory cloud their visions of safety procedures and backup plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom