The Jetty, Padang Bai - in 12-50mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu,

Those are fantastic shots. I took my new Em1 w/ 12-50 lens out and did not enjoy the same success. I really had a hard time focusing on the macro shots.

I also was not sure where to place my strobes to shot both Macro an WA.

Wisnu - did you dive with a shop or just on your own? I have a spare day at the end of my visit in February and I am thinking this jetty could be just the thing.

Also how do you get there? Looked it up on google but then saw a video with people in a boat going to the jetty. Not sure how this works...

regards

Wisnu,

Those are fantastic shots. I took my new Em1 w/ 12-50 lens out and did not enjoy the same success. I really had a hard time focusing on the macro shots.

I also was not sure where to place my strobes to shot both Macro an WA.

Thanks KC
At 12mm should be very easy to focus. You need wet lens at 50mm to shorten the working distance
; or you've to set to macro mode (43mm - need expensive naiticam zoom gear). Still wet lens will help a lot on magnification.

for strobe position, nothing special, just follow typical guidance either for macro or WA, lot of practice, plus trial and error. I have lot of bad pics too.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2014 at 10:38 PM ----------

Wisnu - did you dive with a shop or just on your own? I have a spare day at the end of my visit in February and I am thinking this jetty could be just the thing.

Also how do you get there? Looked it up on google but then saw a video with people in a boat going to the jetty. Not sure how this works...

regards

Hi Ardi,
we dived with Geko at Padang bai. Contact Cedric to check whether end of Feb is good time to dive the jetty.
you'll need a good dive guide to find the rhino

Back
Top Bottom