The Jetty, Padang Bai - in 12-50mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The jetty, padang bai is one of the best dive site in bali; mainly for macro but great for WA as well.
Normaly the 12-50mm is not my prfered lens. For macro I love 60mm macro or 7-14mm for WA.
but I chose this lens with semi dome port for this site as I want to get both macro and WA.
No zoom gear was used. I relly on the Fn button to control the focal lenght - UW WA at 12mm or UW macro at 50mm - then switch back to manual mode (rotate the mode and return to M) for better control.

Nudi padang bai 4 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Lizardfish PB by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Nudi padang bai 7 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Rhinopias PB 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Nudi padang bai 3 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Lot of frogfish, either at the bottom or hiding at the piles

Frogfish padang bai 4 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

and the same frogfish at 12mm

Frogfish padang bai 5 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

The jetty PB 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

The jetty PB 4 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Cel in the jetty PB by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Only had one dive there last week and it was the last dive of my holiday. Spent most of my time in the Tulamben area. Unfortunately the dive at the jetty was not the best with less than 5 metres viz and a roaring current sweeping away from the jetty. I didn't get anything like yours at the jetty, although I was very pleased with the photos I took elsewhere, including one with the same two Hypselodoris nudibranchs that appear in your photo :)

here it is.

_B220150.jpg

Last edited:
Nice - didn't get on my recent trip this year but will get there next year.

Karl

These are very nice.

I agree these are great! Did you also use a wet lens with the semi dome port?

Sure one dive in the jetty is not enough. So many thing to see. Somebody posted in Indonesian forum, he saw 4 rhinopeas in one dive.
So, you have strong reason to visit Bali again.
The condition when we're there was not the best. No strong current but annoying swell and poor viz at the shallow parts.
Did you take the nudi's pic on sandy bottom or on the jetty piles. Seem exactly the same Hypselodoris (but different species) I took on the piles mid october. I don't thing they are mating.

Only had one dive there last week and it was the last dive of my holiday. Spent most of my time in the Tulamben area. Unfortunately the dive at the jetty was not the best with less than 5 metres viz and a roaring current sweeping away from the jetty. I didn't get anything like yours at the jetty, although I was very pleased with the photos I took elsewhere, including one with the same two Hypselodoris nudibranchs that appear in your photo :)

here it is.

View attachment 198616

---------- Post added December 4th, 2014 at 07:46 AM ----------

Nice - didn't get on my recent trip this year but will get there next year.

Karl
Bali, it's a must destination - both underwater and topsite

---------- Post added December 4th, 2014 at 07:47 AM ----------

These are very nice.

Thanks,

---------- Post added December 4th, 2014 at 07:49 AM ----------

I disagree. They are very TERRIFIC!

many thanks, glad you like it

---------- Post added December 4th, 2014 at 07:52 AM ----------

I agree these are great! Did you also use a wet lens with the semi dome port?

Yes, wet lens shall be used fro macro shot at 50mm; but not always necessary at macro mode (43mm).
I use Inon UCL165 M67.

Wisnu I took my photo of the two Hypselodoris nudies at Seraya. I did see one rhinopea at the jetty but it wasn't in a position to get a good photo.

Lovely photos my friend....getting better and better... so you didnt get lucky with rhinopia in ambon but finally see in padang bai?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom