"The issue" emptying your BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here......but what about the i3 system that Aqualung has out now? It uses the 'elevator' lever for inflation and dumping. I believe that when it is depressed for dump it opens all dump valves on the bladder.

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here......but what about the i3 system that Aqualung has out now? It uses the 'elevator' lever for inflation and dumping. I believe that when it is depressed for dump it opens all dump valves on the bladder.
It does... and it works as advertised...

A complicated solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist. (So with the right marketing it'll sell well).

...what about the i3 system ... opens all dump valves on the bladder.
air comes out the uppermost as water runs into the lowermost. There's something at least inelegant about that.
:)
Rick

A complicated solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist. (So with the right marketing it'll sell well).
Perhaps. The same could be said for dive computers, SPGs, or AAS. All depends on the consumer's perspective.

air comes out the uppermost as water runs into the lowermost. There's something at least inelegant about that.
The bladder isn't rigid, so there shouldn't be a significant vacuum created to draw in water. I've only test driven one in a 14' pool, but I don't recall having to drain a notably different amount of water than normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom