The infamous LCD touch screen, under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks

So my other question I forgot to ask is does the LCD while off drain any extra battery life, some have suggested it still does a bit? My use for the LCD would be only a few brief times during a dive when I want to get close-ups using the Narrow FOV setting.
I have spare batteries but you obviously can't change them underwater.:wink: I tend to leave the camera recording through out the entire dive and get at least 60 min from a single battery. I'm wondering if I'm going to need to be selective with recording if I have a LCD attached.

That IDK, I would imagine some but probably not enough to really matter. Cutting the screen on and off thru out the dive I would think you'd get 50-55min instead of sixty simply because of the extra drain on the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Lol please share your test film!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Dear Ajduplessis,

Many thanks for your clear answer, the first that actually responded to my question!

Best,

Rene

Back
Top Bottom