The IE is done! THANKS to everybody!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barefootek

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just finished with the IE yesterday and wanted to say thanks to everybody. From the time that I started thinking about becoming an instructor all the way through passing the IE, I have been fortunate enough to get a lot of great advice. I guess my first thank you goes out to ScubaBoard for providing the platform to access all of this information. My next thank you goes out to all of the instructors and course directors that post regularly on here. I have gotten some great advice from Georgia King (GoPro Costa Rica), Angel Navarro (GoPro Mexico), Andy Phillips (GoPro Utila), Gary Miller (GoPro Roatan), Bubble Junky (GoPro in Paradise), Colliam7, Diver825, Hawkwood, TSandM, and TMHeimer. Nothing against ALL of the ones that I am missing but these are some of the ones that have been most influential to me.

I have gotten this information from threads that I have posted, reading posts that were relavent or interesting to me, and to a large extent from direct emails or private messages. I am sorry to say that none of these people benefitted from the time and trouble that they spent helping me. Most of these people are Course Directors or IDC Staff Instructors and have the huge responsibility of the programs that they run. Some people might say it is just a part of their job, but I would have to argue that it is what makes them Great at their job and more importantly great people. All of the advice and correspondence that these people supply is basically a second job on top of their main job of running their programs. Anyhow, THANKS to all of you and sorry that so many of us take you for granted. I wish you would have been able to benefit from me. Maybe I will be able to steer someone your way in the future or even get some Specialty instruction for myself.

Even though it is not directly related to ScubaBoard, I would also like to thank John Wausson at Bocas Water Sports and everybody in Bocas Del Toro, Panama that have made these last few months such a great experience. A special thanks to the Course Directors for my IDC Michel Lavoie and Eddie Ibarra. Best of luck to the other guys waiting to take the IE closer to home and to your next IDC in November. And of course thanks to Leandro Mora my Divemaster instructor for making Michel and Eddie's job a little easier. I hadn't forgotten. Remember, Thank Leandro, Remember. Just don't let Grant's comment about best instructor in Central America go to your head.

Like my briefings, this possibly could have been a little briefer but I am so appreciative to all of you. THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom