The I-Pod Thread, tech support from your cohorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After you start the video, mouse over the image- there should be a little pop up menu- on the right hand side is the universal "go full screen" button :10:

There is probably a way to set the preferences to play videos full screen (like under the iTunes/Preferences/General Tab. I have a Mac- your experience might be different.)

So, my shuffle is telling me that it is synced with my other computer....

Jb's i-pod doesn't do that...he downloads from both the laptop and the desktop.

What do I do? Move the stuff I want on a thumb drive to the other computer?

Catherine-

You might also check out iTV (apple.com). It's a relatively inexpensive device that syncs wirelessly with Itunes, and plays movies, videos. etc on your TV.

If I didn't already have Tivo with the lifetime subscription I would be looking real hard at it.

iPod shuffle can only be used (synched) with one computer at a time. If you try to use it with a different computer, it will ask you if you wish to use that computer INSTEAD. If you say yes, it will erase the contents of the iPod shuffle, and synch with the new computer's iTunes installation.

So far as I know, the shuffle is the only iPod with this limitation. I think it's one of Apple's ways of making you want a better one.

It is also so that you can't go to your friends computer and use their music. . .

BTW my last generation 2 Gb nano does the same thing. . .

jhbryaniv:
It is also so that you can't go to your friends computer and use their music. . .

BTW my last generation 2 Gb nano does the same thing. . .

Ahh, enter Senuti (Read it backwards...)

Also change the default behavior of itunes and / or windows so that itunes is not the default application used to open things on the shuffle...

or, if you have a PC, SharePod... both excellent pieces of software.

Also, for the video kit, I generally go to Fry's or another electronics store and buy a 1/8" to 3-RCA cable. Most mini dv and HI-8 cameras used to use them for video playback... Is the apple connection kit digital out?

I pretty much just watch shows that I get on iTunes because I am too lazy to record and cut commercials, etc. I use to have my PC set up as a DVR, but got tired of it. I only watch Lost, The Office, and Deep Sea Detectives really, and South Park can be watched for free online. At $30 or so for a season pass, that is less than one month cable bill, I could buy season passes to 12 shows and still spend less than for cable/dish. The AppleTV is pretty slick if you want to watch the shows on your plasma. The only drawback to using iTunes for TV is that if you want to have the same show on multiple computers, it can get kinda confusing. You have to activate devices to use them, and you can only have 5 activated. AppleTV is cool because it does not use up a device activation, it just syncs or streams from your computer. The other great thing about iTunes is that when I am overseas, I can still watch my shows, the download takes longer, but it is small enough to still work. If you did Tivo and transfered them to your PC, they would be big. iTunes will automatically format your shows for your video iPod as well.

I know that is kinda a run-on, and may not add much to what's been said already...

thanks.

I think I get it....my i-pod syncs with both computers but my shuffle doesn't, that's what is happening.

I need that TV thing to watch 24 downloads from i-tunes on my plasma.

check out iTV (apple.com).

We have internet phone and some cable channels package....I can't even work the remotes when JB is gone. There are three remotes.

there are way too many adapters and wires laying around here too.

what?
Ahh, enter Senuti (Read it backwards...)

now, that is confusing....if it's made by apple, why is it spelled backwards?
Is it really free, I just download it?

catherine96821:
Is it really free, I just download it?

Yes, though senuti is mac-only. sharepod is for pc users. Senuti is not made by apple, but looking at the program he probably reverse engineered an older version of itunes. Still is a drop-dead awesome little utility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom