The Hogarthian Way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
BTW, are they suggesting that all DIR guys should drive a BMW? The cyber DIR dive zealots are very much like beemer drivers, far too large ego.
Nothing like sweeping generalities. Do you know anyone who drives a BMW? Have you ever driven one?

I bought my BMW because I like driving. It has nothing to do with ego. What a stupid remark.

(BTW, I am not DIR, nor do I intend to become DIR.)

Daryl Morse:
Nothing like sweeping generalities. Do you know anyone who drives a BMW? Have you ever driven one?

I bought my BMW because I like driving. It has nothing to do with ego. What a stupid remark.

Yes and yes, in the UK and even over here there are 99% of the time fairly obnoxious people behind the wheel, darting in and out of traffic (granted that happens with other cars, but due to the characteristics of the car in question, many like to push the capabilities of their cars), but not every driver is like that, but when i see a beemer up my backside on a highway i usually know what to expect :wink: Sweeping it may be, true it generally is as well. The DIR comment was actually a joke with the one size fits all and you should use x brand kind of deal :wink:

simbrooks:
The DIR comment was actually a joke with the one size fits all and you should use x brand kind of deal :wink:

As long as it's a Black Beemer. Remember the no personal preference thing.......... :wink:

FreeFloat:
As long as it's a Black Beemer. Remember the no personal preference thing.......... :wink:

LOL - I'll have to point out to OE2X that his BMW Z4 (the ultimate diving machine) isn't DIR ... it's blue ... hard to imagine he manages 3 E8-130's and all his dive gear in that thing ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Daryl Morse:

And who did your DIR (Driving It Right) training?

I learned from Bondurant back in the '70s.

I see far too many "High performance cars with Low performance drivers."

I doubt this is your case, but I have never seen you drive. :wink:

It is FAR more fun to drive a real race car on a real race track than to drive a pretend race car on the street. :eyebrow:

Curt Bowen:
Hogartian and DIR today is extrapolated from the earlier gear configurations and mind sets from the pioneers, packaged in a nicely wrapped course with a colorful ribbon.

Don’t let this pretty package fool you, it is just a small stepping stone that leads you down the path of experience, the true teacher in diving.

So True. Both Curt and I can remember way back when trying to find a tech product resulted in just making our own. While Curt was down in cave land I was up on Long Island beating down shipwrecks. While many of our sites were different our mindset was probably on the same track. Dive More, Learn More, Do More, Live More.

Today getting rigged up for tech is as simple as going to www.techdivinglimited.com or a variety of other resourses to buy stuff off the shelf. But as Curt clearly points out. "The path of experience is the true teacher in diving."

Happy Holidays

How long before people realize that a status product, is no longer kewl..........have you guys seen the new BMW's??? Butt ugly if you ask me........

ShakaZulu:
How long before people realize that a status product, is no longer kewl..........have you guys seen the new BMW's??? Butt ugly if you ask me........

Ponder this one ............

How can you tell the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine ?

JDS

JS1scuba:
Ponder this one ............

How can you tell the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine ?

JDS

That's pretty funny, but does it apply to all BMWs?

I have two issues:
CRDiver:
D-Rings - The correct number of D-rings is one per stage bottle. Stages are clipped at one end only so the other end can float behind the diver as he swims or scooters, thereby minimizing drag. The D-rings are slightly bent to prevent them from laying flat against the harness, which makes them easier to grab.

Pressure gauge - The high pressure hose should come straight from the first stage, over the top of the wings, around the left side of the diver, under the arm, and attached to the harness via a clip and surgical tubing. Note that this is a pressure gauge only, gauge consoles and rubber boots are unnecessary and increase drag.
IMO, you'd have to be carrying a ton of stages to need more then one D-ring, plus it seems like they would ride strangely on top of one another like that, also, they should be some slack for the bottle to move around, but it should still be clipped off.

I prefer clipping off my SPG to my hip D-ring, seems less cluttered and more streamlined to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom