The History of the ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found Mario not too, too long ago and he dropped by to say hi. I haven't heard from Iggy since he left.

Keep talking, guys.

Newcomers like me are enjoying it.

Warhammer !!!! Nice to see.......hear? ... whatever.. you again. We really need to find King, Lady, Mario and Don to complete the reunion.
Thanks Joe for starting this thread.....Who else besides me still has a Wreckmania I Tshirt??

Thanks, OP, for starting this thread. I'm a SB newbie so hearing the history is wonderful as well as reading the names of the Founding Fathers and Mothers!

Over the last few months, I've run into SBers who no longer post on SB because they do not enjoy the drama and they also felt they've met all the buddies they need to meet for their dive life. Every time you get a group of people together, whether in person or online, there will some drama. I felt very sorry for them because they could not see all the positives beyond all the drama.

There are members who are willing to advise, mentor and help. This past weekend while in cave country I was fortunate to meet up with two female SBers whom I respect. Despite all their advance and technical training, they recanted their Charlie Foxtrot dive stories and shared them with my buddy and I. They displayed such humility and generosity I felt extremely humble to know them.

My diving has progressed since I joined SB in June 2008 because of the SBers I've met in person and online. SB gets all the credit for my training, dive trips, gatherings and buddies. I have a great dive family because of SB.

Thank you, to all the Founding Fathers and Mothers of SB. This newbie SBer is indebted to you all!!!

Warhammer !!!! Nice to see.......hear? ... whatever.. you again. We really need to find King, Lady, Mario and Don to complete the reunion.
Thanks Joe for starting this thread.
I don't think that they are all on speaking terms! :shocked2:
Who else besides me still has a Wreckmania I Tshirt??
I do, I do! I was a few cars back behind a car accident shortly after getting mine and the look on the lady's face when I helped her out was priceless. She thought my hobby was helping people in wrecks. Too funny.

Howdy. Welcome to SB. :eyebrow:

Howdy. Welcome to SB. :eyebrow:

Haha. I was wondering where the greeter squad was... I will never forget some of those intro posts from years back Don :D

ScubaBoard needs its own Wikipedia page just to document the past for the new faces coming in.

Hey, Cave Diver,

Spot on!! I will turn 70 next spring and have zero plans to stop diving...zero. A few weeks ago my wife and I were diving off Kona with another couple who have been long-time dive buddies. Our final shore dive of the trip--on the lovely Kohala Coast--was for 89 minutes at 50 feet. Not bad for a crew whose ages are 65, 68, 69, and 72...I would have written OFs, but the wives might take umbrage at that!

And if you want a sample thread from the past, have a look at this one in which we celebrated Warhammer becoming a "Regulator" (= to the position now referred to as "Mod"--all explained carefully in the back section of the Kama Sutra--the position, that is)...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2743.html

Joewr...memories...warm and fuzzy...or cold and slippery...and this space can still be leased...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom