The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski:
So, LeisurePro.com is a sponsor of Scubaboard.com... that's funny.

maybe funny but not quite accurate. We get our banner ads from Google.com and have no control over which
ads are displayed.

I bought my fins, mask, boots, snorkel...all at my lds, before getting certified. After getting certified and checking around more places, I realized how badly they are screwing people over(pricewise I mean, otherwise they're nice and have good service). LP had more stuff in their package for 1/3 of the price. When I went to get my BC, regs, etc...I got it from LP. Everything came in it's original package, and with the warranty cards and everything. They even threw in some extra stuff! I was really impressed! And as some people stated, LP's guarantee is just as good as any mfg's... Second, why wouldn't a local shop service the gear if I'm paying for them to service it? Also, why wouldn't a manufacturer support a warranty if it is indeed there product(ie...serials match and all)?? Does manufacturer X make two types of gear, one good, one substandard, and then sell the good gear to "lds's"?? If they made the gear, it should be up to the same standard as any other piece of their gear, and therefore they shouldn't have any problem supporting a warranty! Worst case, even if my equipment completely broke down and nobody would fix it , I could replace it in it's entirety 2 or 3 times over before having spent as much as I did at my LDS. I realize not all LDS's are as expensive as others, but when you live in a town in the midwest where there is only one or two dive shops, there isn't a whole lot of competition to keep them from ripping people off.

Thanks!
Ben

The vast majority of equipment failures occur after the warranty has expired. If you'll notice, most warranties are for one year, some for two, and then there are "extended warranties" if one is willing to pay for them.

Manufacturers have at their disposal people who study their products, record failures of their products (quality assurance and quality control studies) and establish warranty policies based upon the statistical probability of failure.

Almost any piece of reputable equipment is expected to perform its designed functions beyond the established warranty period. The failure of a product to perform beyond its predetermined warranty life is the exception rather than the rule, as you probably all know because of the equipment you own and the service life which you have already received from it.

The monies saved, for the most part, by the purchase of "high ticket" items through discount houses will generally cover the costs incurred for service if one has to pay for it when the warranty is not honored during the period in which the warranty is in effect.

If the product is manufactured by any reputable manufacturer, then any LDS should provide service for that product, given that they are distributors of said product, to the owner at a reasonable charge.

. . . just my 2 cents worth.

My husband and I just bought all of our own equipment. I did a lot of research before we went. www.scubatoys.com will MATCH if not beat Leisure Pros prices and you will get a FULL manufacturers warranty with everything you buy. We bought Cressi Sub and Zeagle bc's, Aeris computers, and Mares regs from them. Everything came with manufacturers warranty info. I also checked the Zeagle and Aeris sites to find out if they were indeed an authorized dealer. They are also known as 2 Dive For.

Go to the Leisure Pro site, find out the prices, then call Scuba Toys. They are great to deal with.

Karen

i've heard good things about them too. their owner is a member here.

another route might be the Scubastore

as for Dive Rite stuff, i have LOVED the customer service
at DiveRite Express

They are one in the same company (Leisurepro & Adorama)

divers supply are very good too, though their best deals are on the Sea Elite stuff.

i have a Sea Elite wetsuit, which is holding up very nicely, and a Sea Elite Tech
regulator, which is very, very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom