The Gilis (Trewangan) end October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi KiA,
Glad that my message helped you to re think things......
I will not comment on Nusa Penida because I haven't been there, and as with many places, I'm sure that within the area there are dive sites with zero to gentle current, some that zip you along at a nice steady pace and others that resemble being in a washing machine...... so much would depend on that, season, and tides. All you can do is research it on the net and reach your decision.
I will say that although you can dive Liberty Wreck on a day trip up from the south that would give you options for NP as well it makes it a very long day and often the best dives on Liberty Wreck are first thing in morning or the obligatory night dive - something that a day trip would preclude. There are enough dive sites in the immediate area to justify staying the 3-4 days that you have.

Hope that helps....

Cheers

Thanks Philip - that's a great help. So you would recommend staying in Tulamben area and diving with someone like Tulamben wreck divers? I know we're probably trying to fit too much in, diving NP as well - but I really don't want to lose the chance of seeing Mola and manta, and I'm told we'll arriving right in time for the end of the season, so there is a small chance... and NP seems to be the best bet location wise for that. Oh, decisions, decisions! Not to mention the fact that I have now been delegated all responsbility for deciding where we stay and dive, so it's quite a responsibility to make sure I get it right!

Thanks!
Kate

Thanks Philip - that's a great help. So you would recommend staying in Tulamben area and diving with someone like Tulamben wreck divers? I know we're probably trying to fit too much in, diving NP as well - but I really don't want to lose the chance of seeing Mola and manta, and I'm told we'll arriving right in time for the end of the season, so there is a small chance... and NP seems to be the best bet location wise for that. Oh, decisions, decisions! Not to mention the fact that I have now been delegated all responsbility for deciding where we stay and dive, so it's quite a responsibility to make sure I get it right!

Thanks!
Kate

Hi Kate, If really want to see the Mola Molas best advice is to stay on Lembongan this way the dive ops who are diving these areas every day have the best local knowledge and can more easily pick the times to go, rather than travel by boat from sanur across and the fight with the dozens of other boats all doing the same thing.

Not all sites over there at Lembongan / Penida will be suitable for OWD - (depending on experience) so best to listen the the operators and heed their advice.

Need more info contact the guys that have operations on the island . . .
World Diving Lembongan Home or
Bali Diving Academy | Diving Bali | Bali Scuba Diving | Bali Diving Adventures

Also good decision not to go to Gili Trawangan , not because of the diving but because of the travel time you will loose getting over there and back (best part of 1/2 of a day when all said and done....transfers/settling getting there in etc) . . But certainly a great destination and well worth spending some time at next visit noting your wish for Mola Mola's

Depths on the Liberty actually vary between approx 3m and 30 metres (10 feet 100 feet) depending on conditions can be accessible for OWD so I would not rule this site out as matter of course. The Liberty is certainly a dive that should not be missed....

Enjoy

Wayan

Thanks very much, Wayan - that's great. I hadn't considered staying on Lembongan but it looks really good and sounds sensible to me. But now the others are really keen to dive the Liberty since I told them about the depth, so maybe we should do more dives around there and fewer at the Nusas if the conditions are more favourable for OW around Tulamben. My partner and I are returning to Indonesia for our honeymoon next year, so we can hopefully pursue the Mola mola wish then, if we're not so lucky this time!

Do you know Bali Scuba in Sanur? They've been really helpful so far...

Cheers.
Kate

Back
Top Bottom