The French language can remain in Quebec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Komp, I just read your comment.

The place in question is very nice topside but the diving is also awesome. If you need more info, just ask me in the eastern Canada forum or pm me aboot it

How's: Je voudrais deux bierre s'ilvousplait? Will I make it?!!
04.gif

Perfect ! ( deux bières s'il vous plait)
But you should avoid beer here...:)

In fact we all speak english, I mean few words. Anyway we understand it all perfectly.
It's just that...well...
We don't answer...
no : forget it...:D

Perfect ! ( deux bières s'il vous plait)
But you should avoid beer here...:)

In fact we all speak english, I mean few words. Anyway we understand it all perfectly.
It's just that...well...
We don't answer...
no : forget it...:D

J'avais l'habitude de conduire des camions en Europe. La livraison des saumons à Paris avec une installation de 40 tonnes était une expérience !

Hahaha !
Very well done Komp !
Just one thing " instalation de 40 tonnes" doesn't realy makes sense here ( if you was talking about your lorry ?)

I've notice that In Europe the Scandinavians, the dutch, the Greeks and the portugese also, are very often speaking 2 or 3 languages.

The worst are probably the English and the Spanish, probably not french, germans and italians.

Quite a lot of retired english are living around, they bought a house in France 'cos it was cheaper and warmer.
Most of them just don't even try to learn french. It's a bit sad OMHO. Anyway, we do our best to help them.
I can understand a guy that never travel and speaks only one language ( most of the french people ).
It's much more difficult for me to understand a guy that wants to travel and doesn't want to learn any other languages.

Hahaha !
Very well done Komp !
Just one thing " instalation de 40 tonnes" doesn't realy make sens here ( if you was talking about your lorry ?)

I've notice that In Europe the Scandinavians, the dutch, the Greeks and the portugese also, are very often speaking 2 or 3 languages.

The worst are probably the English and the Spanish, probably not french, germans and italians.

Quite a lot of retired english are living around, they bought a house in France 'cos it was cheaper and warmer.
Most of them just don't even try to learn french. It's a bit sad OMHO. Anyway, we do our best to help them.
I can understand a guy that never travel and speaks only one language ( most of the french people ).
It's much more difficult for me to understand a guy that wants to travel and doesn't want to learn any other languages.

*HRMF...*

:rofl3: I was more looking for a way to translate "40 ton rig", but apparantly blew it... Ha ha!

Anyways, most "rigs" down in continental Europe are 16,5 meter semi-trailers. Mine was a 19 meter truck + trailer. And when I took of from "the ring" around Paris, when I glimpsed the name of the street I was to deliver in, it took only a few seconds for me to realise I had made the blunder of the day... Touching into the traffic lights on both sides of the street simultanously with my truck also gave me an idea that no other truck this size had been there for a while... Before I knew it I was heading the wrong way, and with a snow ball's chance in hell to make a turn anywhere... After about 2 km I saw a no u-turn sign and gave it a shot. I placed my truck in the right lane, blinked to the left, honked my horn a few times and started turning, and turning, and turning... People on the side walk stopped and stared. Those sitting in the outdoor café on the corner got up and moved tables and chairs for me, and wonders of all wonders, I made it around and could head the right way again while receiving standing applause from the crowd...

Lesson learned:

Volvo-FH12-Norcargo-Mollema-220904-2.jpg

This is not the best choice of cars for Paris city traffic...

Anyways, most "rigs" down in continental Europe are 16,5 meter semi-trailers. Mine was a 19 meter truck + trailer. And when I took of from "the ring" around Paris, when I glimpsed the name of the street I was to deliver in, it took only a few seconds for me to realise I had made the blunder of the day... Touching into the traffic lights on both sides of the street simultanously with my truck also gave me an idea that no other truck this size had been there for a while... Before I knew it I was heading the wrong way, and with a snow ball's chance in hell to make a turn anywhere... After about 2 km I saw a no u-turn sign and gave it a shot. I placed my truck in the right lane, blinked to the left, honked my horn a few times and started turning, and turning, and turning... People on the side walk stopped and stared. Those sitting in the outdoor café on the corner got up and moved tables and chairs for me, and wonders of all wonders, I made it around and could head the right way again while receiving standing applause from the crowd...

:rofl3::11::rofl3:

Oh my god ! You've been INSIDE Paris in such a monster !?!?
You should have try to visit Montmartre or also drive across l'île Saint Louis. You'd have a lot of fun !:D

What a tale !

:rofl3::11::rofl3:

Oh my god ! You've been INSIDE Paris in such a monster !?!?
You should have try to visit Montmartre or also drive across l'île Saint Louis. You'd have a lot of fun !:D

What a thale !

That's not all... I had driven all the way from LOFOTEN in northern Norway (Google it!) with salmon. Since I definitely was a rookie in the company, sending me was a result of at least three other guys beeing sick. Since there's always a deadline for delivery, a certain level of experience is needed. I had none at all... And since the first 700 km started off with snowstorms and using chains non-stop, I was already late. Add that French customers (fish markets) ALWAYS speculate in ordering late, so that they can demand a nice price reduction if the truck is late. The French in a nut shell, ha ha! I arrived Paris looking at making the deadline (what a marvel...) with perhaps 30 minutes. Not bad for a rookie! And I had been looking foreward to calling in that everything had gone allright... And suddenly, 10 minutes from target, I headed downtown Paris with the load... Nice Move! Anyways, I got around and made delivery five -5- minutes before deadline!!! -After 5 days on the road from the top of Europe...

I can still picture the face of the "acheteur de poissons" as he saw me rolling in barely on time, and his 40% off the price rolling out the gates... Ha ha! :D

GOOGLE IT ?!?!?!
What d'you think ?
I perfectly know where the Lofoten are !

If you exept Vilnius, it's the most popular place in Norway for French people !

just kidding...:D

Very nice story anyway, thanks !

Found this: YouTube - Nature in Lofoten

And the French Connection is the lady that sings in the video, Herborg Kråkevik. She does a marvelous Edith Piaf...

Short MP3 (in French):
Preview

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom