The First Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My hands shook as I opened the package and then all I see is a fin bag! It's a very cool fin bag, but I was expecting fins. Maybe that's coming in another package I thought. No, wait, there is something in there... could it be... I wrestle with the fastener, then the velcro, and... there, there is a pair of fins in there. What a relief! It's the new as yet unnamed "hockey fins"!

Bob, you out did yourself. Been looking at them since the afternoon of the 10th, and the more I look at them the more I like the style. Very similar in looks to the Excellerators, but with retro 50's style car fins on 'em!

I pulled out my Pro's and Adjustables and did my own 'lil "flick" test. The Pro's thumped twice as hard as the Adjustables (original material), but the "hockey fins" I had to grab with both hands to pull back, lest it thump me! Man-O-Man ! Can't wait to put them sucker's in the water!

Now the color, I ordered in Sapphire Blue and Blair told me that they didn't know what the color would look like in the new material. It is way different, with maybe a touch of purple to it, which is starting to grow on me, but it is not transparent like the regular Tan Delta, in fact it is opaque unless you hold it up to direct light! Sure wish it was like the other Tan Delta. That aside, I'm very well pleased.

TN Traveler- hope you get to dive yours soon, anxious to here what you think.

Bob, Blair, and Messier42- Initial impressions, I like it, I like it, I want some more of it!

its coming, Bob has been out of the shop spending time with his family after the lose of his father. When it rolls out a bunch of sizes will probably roll out very quickly after that.

By the way, I did get to try them out in the pool on Sunday. I can see why they would be great for underwater hockey - they get you up to speed in the first 2 kicks. They also frog kicked great.

I will have to reserve my opinion on how they will work for long swims - I did notice that my legs felt a little more tired than they were using the Excellerating FFs - but that could be because I have not been underwater since early December - so those muscles have not been used in that way for awhile.

I did not have enough pool time to try them in direct comparison with the Excellerators - so they may have caused the same feeling in my legs.

One other note - when I first looked at the "Hockey" Fin, I thought they were between the length of my FF Pros and the Excellerators - but when I held them up to the Excellerators they were the same length and width. OK - maybe black is more "slimming" :wink:

you'll probably notice they are stiffer than the Excellerators and they are a good bit heavier, they have a good bit more snap as well. It doesn't surprise me that it won't be as good as the Excellerator for long swims as the softer the fin the better the endurance.

Exclusive look at a New Force Fin Model.
shorthockey_be.jpg

The first photo on the internet is right here only on SCUBABOARD!
Soon to be reviewed.
Many different applications for every type of water enthusiast this 100% America made product is resting on the hood of an American Classic Icon - The Chevy Corvette
This Model is made in a new Tan Delta Formula- Smoke Black featured in the photo

Corvette provided by long time Force Fin user Steve Rebuck
sr_carshot_be.jpg

Back
Top Bottom