The FBI List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the states we have weak pissy-tasting beer. In Canada, they have strong pissy-tasting beer. In England, they have strong beery-tasting piss. In case you didn't get it, I'm not a big beer drinker. No thank you.

As far as english cars that steer, corner, and go fast, I beg to differ. The best cars are made by Germany, Italy, and Japan. One might argue that american cars have the lowest mean failure rate. But that's simply playing on the vastness of production.

Also, you'll find that most people in the world drive on the right side of the road, which is the right side of the road. :) Only england, and former english colonies drive on the consarn left.

And not all cars outside the US do 40mpg. That's false. BTW, I see mainly American and Japanese car makers doing most of the work involving fuel cell and electric hybrid.

Of course, I have to give credit to you brits on the starterless engine designs. Pretty cool hack.

As far as tea taxes,... you still owe us rent on the forts you kept up after The War of 1812. :wink:

GlockDiver once bubbled...
Also, you'll find that most people in the world drive on the right side of the road, which is the right side of the road. :) Only england, and former english colonies drive on the consarn left.

Actually, everyone started out driving on the left. This is so that horse riders and wagon drivers would pass right shoulder to right shoulder on the highway leaving their sword/whip hand free to defend themselves. The driving on the right was started by Napoleon to "confuse" the inhabitants of the countries he invaded. The US followed the French lead due to the support that the French gave them during the War of Independence. Until recentrly Sweden (which was not invaded by the French)drove on the same side as the UK. Besides the UK, large parts of Africa, India, China, Japan and Australia (I think I'm right in those) drive on the right. Per capita the right wins, per driver the left wins.

Beer: US beer is similar to "lager" beer which takes its name from lager = cellar. The yeast used is a bottom fermenting yeast and the beer is fermented under cold conditions - hence served cold. British beer uses top fermenting yeast which likes warm conditions hence the beer is served warm.

American English and English English diverged as languages after the War of Independence. At the time the English spoke like Americans and if you read a school reading primer from that era (the sort that puts EMphaSIS on the words as to pronounciation) then you'll sound American.

Duncan

PS. I had a nice bubbless dive on my latest homemade last night in the pool. Next stop Stoney Cove.

budgy once bubbled...
Hi Madmole,
Ensuring that the British tradition of brewing fine real ale is maintained is solumn matter that requires much personal sacrifice and dedication and if you will buy the next round you may join my cultural society for its appreciation.
Here's a salute for balding, big bellied, beer drinking, British divers. May they find their favourite ale, mild or bitter, dark or light, a joy to behold with a taste to delight.
:D

I love the British. Ask a question about rebreathers and you get a discussion about beer. :) LOL

R..

Good link is http://www.travel-library.com/general/driving/drive_which_side.html

Dont trust the map though as China, Taiwan, Hong kong and much of Africa all are left siders. One other web site clams 86% of the worlds population are left drivers/cyclists

Interestingly much of America was a left drive until the English got chucked out

Its all the Bloody French's fault. The rest of the world was quite happy doing their left sided thing until Napoleon came along. Was probably done so they could retreat faster :wink:

Duncan Price once bubbled...

Actually, everyone started out driving on the left. This is so that horse riders and wagon drivers would pass right shoulder to right shoulder on the highway leaving their sword/whip hand free to defend themselves.

In the early 70s the subject was before congress again, but rejected due to the introduction of a new Corvette model and the rise in breast augmentation surgery. The strong hand, it was decided, was now to be used for groping passengers. Incidentally, they could only defend their virtues with their weak hand. :wink:

Once bas reaches US levels in above mentioned countries, they'll want to drive on the right, too. :D

PS: This also explains the constant and hours long traffic jams in SoCal. :upset:

Back
Top Bottom