The explanation of d33ps1x as nick. What's yours mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crispos:
Well, when I was in college, we did alot of drugs. So I was nick named Crisp. As in "burnt out". My best friend from that era changed it to Crispos. He is now a forensic psychologist at Penetang and getting married for the 2nd time on June 12. Neither of us have done any drugs for 20 years, darn.
Your mothers must be proud.

Our mothers don't know anything about it, Memphis Belle

crispos:
Our mothers don't know anything about it, Memphis Belle
You must be high. You accidentally called me Memphis Belle, the most decorated B-24 bomber of WW2. Or maybe you think I'm a hot little Tennessee southerner. Either way, you must still be high. :))

mempilot:
You must be high. You accidentally called me Memphis Belle, the most decorated B-24 bomber of WW2. Or maybe you think I'm a hot little Tennessee southerner. Either way, you must still be high. :))

Wasnt the Belle a Fortress and not a Liberator ?

Sadly the pilot of the Memphis Belle, Colonel Bob Morgan, passed away last weekend, Saturday May15th 2004. But while poking around the net I came across that NUMA is currently hunting for DAUNTLESS DOTTY, which was Colonel Morgans B29 SuperFortress which crashed near Kwajalien Atoll. Theres always a link to diving somehow...

uwhooligan:
Wasnt the Belle a Fortress and not a Liberator ?
Yes, my typo. I was just reading about the war in the Pacific this week and had the 24 on my mind. The Belle was a B-17.

I had an opportunity to hear Morgan speak at an Air Force Association meeting back in 1992. He was an interesting man with many stories to tell. He lived a long life, but it is sad to see him pass from a trecherous fall.

I was surprized he was alive in the 21st century but shows how young the crews of the day were. My grandad (84 and still with us) flew in B24s in the RAF and raved about them (before the onsought of alzhiemers stole his stories) but mind you prior to that and for most of the war he flew in Wellingtons.

mempilot:
Yes, my typo. I was just reading about the war in the Pacific this week and had the 24 on my mind. The Belle was a B-17.

I had an opportunity to hear Morgan speak at an Air Force Association meeting back in 1992. He was an interesting man with many stories to tell. He lived a long life, but it is sad to see him pass from a trecherous fall.

A friend of mine, Ray Jordan, is 90 this year. He flew 24 missions in the B-24 in the pacific. The guy is still flight instructing in Lee's Summit, MO. I haven't talked to him for a couple of years now. I'll have to look him up and make sure he's still with us.

mempilot:
No, not the 74; however, I'd love their pay! I fly for their subsidiary in the other little known 4-engine red tail whose engines whine with a British acsent. I make annually what a 74 captain makes in less than 2 months!

You're making this more difficult !

Must be the Avro RJ85 ?

IslandHopper:
You're making this more difficult !

Must be the Avro RJ85 ?
Right on. Here she is. Wonderful airplane to fly. 93,500lb gross takeoff weight. NWA decided on 1st class service, so instead of the traditional 85 seats, we ended up with 69 seats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom