The draw of the mighty-O

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Do you think it is utterly ridiculess that I am contemplating taking a trip to Florida to dive the Mighty-O for a week, when I am here in Hawaii? Hmmm, my wife seems to think so...

what's funny is.. you're next assignment will pro'ly be to hurlburt, eglin, or 'bama for school..

all just a stones throw to the O :D

While it is a nice dive...I wouldn't come that far to dive it....unless your on a RB and a scooter.

Do you think it is utterly ridiculess that I am contemplating taking a trip to Florida to dive the Mighty-O for a week, when I am here in Hawaii? Hmmm, my wife seems to think so...

The only thing I would reconsider (if it was me) was the cost to get there vs. length of stay.

That's a long way to go for just a week - plus you essentially lose 2 days flying - one day to get there, one day back. If your week doesn't include fly days then that sounds like a better cost/time ratio.

How about this Gem--man that would make for a fun week of diving.

AUE TRIP REPORTS

It was an awesome trip. Good luck finding a local boat to take you out there, though (especially one that doesn't want you to mortgage the house to do it). We "imported" a captain and his boat from elsewhere.

http://dbellas@sharpcast.com/albums
Check out my pics from the O. I took a slow boat out there from Pensacola 4 hours round trip. Very painful so look for a fast boat. The locals all agreed to charge a base rate for the dive. No less then $150 for a 2 tank dive, so they all should be around the same price. And book early since most of the boats I seen out there are pretty small.

It is about 30 miles off shore. And when it's rough...it's rough! :)

Great dives...better if you can go past 130 fsw.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom