The Diver's Ear: Under Pressure - UPDATE re Helpful Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm missing something in my FF or got it turned off. Love FF but never have understood it.

I like having Firefox hand the video off instead of trying to open it directly in the web browser window. The controls are usually better in whatever player I'm using, Firefox doesn't chug to a halt, and I can continue reading ScubaBoard while I watch.

If you want to try it that way, the instructions would be:
  1. Go to the "Tools" menu
  2. Select "Options"
  3. Click the "Content" icon
  4. Click the "Manage" button in the "File Types" box
  5. Type "ASX" in the search box
  6. For each "ASX" in the first column (don't know why I have multiple, so hey):
    • Double-click the line (or select and click the "Change Action" button)
    • Change the option to "Open them with the default application:" (whatever that is)
    • Click "OK"
  7. Click "Close"
  8. Click "OK"
(I also have my browser set so PDFs open with the default application as well. Never again will I have an unsuspected PDF link drag me to a screeching halt while Adobe Reader starts and a multi-megabyte file is loaded.)

Hell, I didn't have the plug-ins. Used to, do now. Been adding FF plug-ins, the tuning my Manage Contents on all of the as Real wanted to take-over, of course. NOW I can play it from the link. :silly:

Back
Top Bottom