The Dive Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Its a new spot for those local to the St.Louis area to jump in. And I was lucky enough to get my first dive in there tonight.

First off, let me say thank you to Dave for letting me and my buddy get in there tonight, since we are unable to be there tomorrow.

We only had time for one dive, and it was about 30 minutes. Surface temp was about 51, and 42 everywhere else. Due to the heavy rains, vis was down to an average of 10-15 foot. Max depth I hit was 53 feet. (Mike cheated, and buried his hand in the mud and hit 55 foot...Instructors ) Anyway, there are a few attraction in there to see. There is a cabin cruiser, pick up truck, motorcycle and a few other objects to discover for the first time. There is one training platform right now, and it normally sits in about 20 feet of water. However, again, with all the rain we have received, I saw 30 foot on the platform.

There is an inner wall that was kind of fun to swim along, at the bottom of this wall is where I found 53 feet. We didnt make it all the way around to everything. Not because of the size of the quarry, but more to the fact we was going real slow, trying to observe all that we can.

I think this is going to be a very good training site for the local shops. One thing I would like to stress is that this place is still a work in progress. Please dont show up expecting it to be like Mermet. Mermet took a lot of years and hard work to become what it is today. However, in my opinion, the Dive Stop is off to a great start, and I expect it to get better as the year goes along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom