The Deerfield Beach Diving Trifecta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaDog

Reaction score
Went diving on Sunday morning with some good friends from all about Florida and even one was visiting us from California. We went out with Sunstar Aquatics' Diversity. A 30 ft. Island Hopper thats clean and efficient. With all the rain we had this weekend in Florida, we lucked out and had clear skies and flat seas.

The first dive was on Fink's Grouper Hole. In the first few minutes of the dive, we encountered a large turtle with a head the size of a bowling ball. It was lying in a crevice in the reef.
Unfortunately, we didn't see it till we were practically on top of it.
The turtle didn't care for our presence in the area. It turned and just swam into the void.

Halfway into the dive we encounted a gargantuan stingray with a wingspan of over 6 ft. It was one of, if not, thee biggest stingray I've ever seen.

In the final few minutes of the dive, we were treated to an encounter with a 5 ft. reef shark. The shark just looked at us for about a half minute before swimming off, not to be seen again.

As reef dives go, this one was one I'll always remember.
Just five days earlier, I was on a call-out, diving in a sewer searching for human remains. The Deerfield Beach dive was much nicer. =:^)

Excellent dives, but the best part was spending time with good friends.

Don't forget it was # 200 for Marla!

Sir! Stay out of there! Busted! LOL!

Diving with us was pretty good huh?

I guess that's good.

Sue and I had a great time. It was good to dive with old friends (not that your really THAT old....)

BTW: I still haven't given up on the Sheridan for this year. I'm thinking maybe some time in the fall after the summer algae blooms die down. It just wouldn't be right to go an entire year without diving it.

Great dives. Thanks for the trip report. I would like to come down and dive with some of you soon. We are diving West Palm this Thursday and Friday if anyone would like to join us. Have a great day.

Congratulations on your 200th dive! :thumb:

Hopefully Beast and I can catch up with the Florida crew later this year.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom