The Dangerous Finned Friends Of The Deep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truth be told, every time I’ve been inside a shark, my eyes were closed tight. Duh. So, no. I didn’t know they were innie-furry animals.

Learn something new every day.

:rofl3:

Share your stories of dangerous encounters with our finned friends while keeping your tongue firmly in cheek. I'll start it with a few posts removed from a basic scuba thread as off topic. It seemed a shame to just let them poof into the internet abyss.

Ferocious little bastards. My OW (AOW?) instructor put a hotdog in my wet suit neck without my noticing. Since it's been 21 years and I still remember, I guess it is a legend.

Wannabe piranhas of the Midwest

Those dangerous men and women with GoPros on a stick and no situational awareness that continually crash into the reef and other divers trying to capture that perfect pic. They are frightening and I join the wildlife in trying to stay far away when they swim near. Those fins hurt!

Wannabe piranhas of the Midwest

This cracked me up. I am a multiple bluegill attack survivor. The first time, I was amused at the swarm of blue gills gathering around me as I tarried by the ladder out of the quarry . . . glad they don't have teeth.

I once made the mistake of entering a shallow warm water area while bluegills were on their nests. I truly feared for my life, but managed to fight my way through it.

The stuff legends are made of....

I did that and one kissed me on the nose of my mask, I named her 'Pecky' and actually missed seeing her on my safety stop after the hatch. She liked to nibble at my fingers too. Never had a fish make me laugh. I saw her on several dives over six weeks.

Back
Top Bottom