The Creature-lung is born

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcarpini

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Check this out folks,

My dead, scratched up Healthways SCUBA Deluxe has been resurrected. I found a new HP seat, a new silicon hose kit And a trip to the chrome shop. wow this reg came back nice!! ( does someone know where I can find a silicon diaphragm?) A fake SCUBA Deluxe label didnt seem right since it wasnt all Healthways anymore. So I felt that a little artistic license was in order. The Creature-lung was born. Jerry Moseman at Faux label Works, was more than happy to produce a custom label for me. This single stage reg breathes much better than my jet-air on the bench, I havent had a chance to get it in the ocean yet. I think the new chrome on the inside of the can gives better airflow than the jet-air's plastic can. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 114
I love the label, always had a love for the creature from the black lagoon.

now that is pretty dam cool ....nicely done ...:cool2:

Yeah, the Critter rocks. Nice restoration. I am more a VOIT and USD fan when it comes to double hose regs but I would definitely like to have that reg !

Very nice!

Hey Johnny - that looks great! We soooooo want to get back out there to dive with you, it's now one of our favorite places. BTW, I dug out that old backplate Lynne told you about & will send you a couple of pictures - if you want it it's yours (otherwise she'll turn it into a wall mount for a plant....)

Don

I like it! Thank's for letting me be a part of your project!

Faux jerry
faux label works
rowlett, texas, 75088

That is a beautiful restoration.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom