The Cozumel Back Roll - How it is done:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After being on a boat once with a guy who jumped in with a tank that was turned off - I started always doing lots of checks - but also always going in inflated. Just seems safer to me. :)

how exactly does one manage to get in the water with their air turned off?
you're supposed to have the regulator in your mouth when you enter the water

That's a BS belly flop, on a cruise ship belly flop contest he'd get boo'd! I want to see a full on arms outstretched break the glass of your mask belly flop.

Fair enough, but that's all I got on video! I should have put my fins on in the water, I didn't want to take my fins off and there was a ledge of slippery rock there, so I figured that was my best option. I wasn't too concerned about my mask, but smashing my huevos would have been a problem! hahaha

Also, on the one with the front flip... my air was off. First time that ever happened! I turned it on sometime during the boat ride, but it got turned off (not by me) at some point before me getting into the water. Before jumping in, I tapped my inflator and took 2 breaths from my reg... jumped in and had no more breaths! UT-OH!! No problem though, just surfaced and reached back to turn the valve on. Lesson learned: remember to look at SPG when test breathing your reg! I felt like a shmuck, I know somewhere on here before I said something along the lines of, "whoever jumps in without making sure their air is on deserves a Darwin award!"... that day, it went to me!

I'm bringing you a spring board or small trampoline for the next invasion so you can really get creative with your entries!

:pooldive:

It will always be a case of me getting my camera from the captain and a buddy check in water before heading down. That takes less than a minute from the time I roll off :)

a good belly flop is supposed to hurt! i.e. you should never surface after a belly flop and give an OK signal...at least right away :)

Dont belly flop with anything attached to your D-Rings.... or while holding a $10k video rig.... ouch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom