The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question about BHB. I have only dove it once. When we got there, it was recommended that we swim around the mooring lines of some of the boats out there. Where do you all dive the bridge? I saw a bunch of folks headed directly under the bridge, others out along the beach/boats with us. Any particular areas to head to? Areas to avoid?

Thanks!

Avoid the boat channel. Other than that check out this website: Blue Heron Bridge

It should answer a lot of your questions - plus give you tide tables!

I spent an hour photographing two huge lancer dragonettes only to learn that they were actually Juvy scorpionfish. They were still neat. I was taking pictures of one about 2 inches long when his great grand dad came over and sat down beside my knee to get his picture taken. This guy was a foot long and really wanted to get to know me.

I found a peppermint shrimp I wanted to photograph, but I think he was cleaning a spotted moray, because everytime I went to tease out the shrimp, the moray came out with his mouth WIDE open. Finallly get the shrimp out and my camera battery is DEAD! @#%^@#^

Then I started getting attacked by Grey Angelfish and I started getting spooked! Found out later they were just trying to clean me and my camera.

You just never know at Blue Heron!

Bill

I've found that it's generally better to save the drinkin for *after* the dive. :D What size angelfish were doing that?? I wanna get cleaned like that!

Kevin

I spent an hour photographing two huge lancer dragonettes only to learn that they were actually Juvy scorpionfish. They were still neat. I was taking pictures of one about 2 inches long when his great grand dad came over and sat down beside my knee to get his picture taken. This guy was a foot long and really wanted to get to know me.

I found a peppermint shrimp I wanted to photograph, but I think he was cleaning a spotted moray, because everytime I went to tease out the shrimp, the moray came out with his mouth WIDE open. Finallly get the shrimp out and my camera battery is DEAD! @#%^@#^

Then I started getting attacked by Grey Angelfish and I started getting spooked! Found out later they were just trying to clean me and my camera.

You just never know at Blue Heron!

Bill

Now you know I don't drink!

The grey angel fish were over a foot long. Good sized fish! You delfinitely felt them bite!
It was almost 3 hours after high tide and many bigger fish start to show up about that time. The big parrot fish come swimming by, but pay you no mind.

I've found that it's generally better to save the drinkin for *after* the dive. :D What size angelfish were doing that?? I wanna get cleaned like that!

Kevin

Greys and parrots

The grey angel fish were over a foot long. Good sized fish! You delfinitely felt them bite!
It was almost 3 hours after high tide and many bigger fish start to show up about that time. The big parrot fish come swimming by, but pay you no mind.
IMG_2544wa.jpg

I'm guessing these must still be the earlier versions. . .

Kevin

I have never heard of Angelfish doing that. Interesting.

Bohemians

That's a really cool photo Kevin. It almost looks like you did some fancy schmancy retouching where everything is B&W except the parrot!

Don't confuse me with an "artiste". I was born without the culture gene. :D If something comes out looking interesting, it's because of the critters, themselves. But, thanks, Jet.

KevinIMG_2545wa.jpg

PICT0151.JPGPICT0095.JPGPICT0064.JPGPICT0033.jpgPICT0074.jpg
PICT0078.jpg
First time back in the water after having my camera stolen at BHB. A bit murky today, which I suspect is from the recent rains.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom